The "Who are you kidding, that's not even a Corolla anymore" Corolla build. UZE-86

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Well there's only one Supra part in it, that being the tranny. It's quite the hybrid at this point though.

Hey, you still have lots of Corolla left. Your project is coming along nicely. I am really enjoying all this hardcore fabrication. But why does it seem that everyone else is going so much faster than me?

How awesome would it be to get the three old school 1UZ's together (you, Ken and his Starlet, and me and my Corolla) on a road course somewhere? Too bad we are so far apart.

Mark

Well once my car is complete and proven its way through some local shakedown events I plan to do a few weeks running events down the west coast one fall/winter. PIR, Streets of Willow, Willow Springs, Laguna Seca, possibly more.

There is actually another guy a few hours away from me that has put the 1uz in his Corolla as well, although his is a different beast. Basically a modernized AE86. A/C, power everything, nice pretty molded widebody and custom Work wheels, perfect paint.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well once my car is complete and proven its way through some local shakedown events I plan to do a few weeks running events down the west coast one fall/winter. PIR, Streets of Willow, Willow Springs, Laguna Seca, possibly more.

Let me know if you hit Willow. I'll come and watch you run--unless my car is together enough (doubtful), in which case I'll run with you.

Mark

Let me know if you hit Willow. I'll come and watch you run--unless my car is together enough (doubtful), in which case I'll run with you.

Mark

I'm right there with you guys! I'll either watch/film/take photos, or I could bring my S13 if I get it running. More motivation to get my project going! :)

For the approval of the fitment Nazis. The front isn't actually staying where it is in these pics. The control arms still need to be shortened and there aren't any caster rods in place to keep the wheels centered in the wheelwells. The fenders were pulled out a few inches at the bottom for these shots as well. Eventually the front wheels will sit in about 40mm more, fenders will actually sit in their proper place and the front end will come up some.

This is definitely not a racing stance though. The front crossmember is probably 2" from the ground in these shots, needs lots more clearance than that, but I figured I'd show what it could look like. I will also be running much wider rubber in the rear, so the assortment of adjustable rear suspension links will come in handy making clearance.

carstuff001.jpg

carstuff019.jpg

carstuff035.jpg

This is definitely not a racing stance though. The front crossmember is probably 2" from the ground in these shots, needs lots more clearance than that, but I figured I'd show what it could look like.

I like it like it is, too bad you can't leave it that way. That's one of the reasons I started from scratch on mine. Body is super low, but stilll have good clearance and suspension geometry.

Mark

Alright, seeing as the car isn't going to be done this year with the first snowfall and all, I've decided to reveal a part of the build that has been kept a secret for the most part.

The turbo is a Turbonetics GTK-650, wastegate is a Turbosmart Pro-Gate 50mm stainless unit. Everything is being attached using V-band flanges for easy removal. This whole turbo setup, crossover pipe, downpipe, etc. should all be able to be removed in less than 10 minutes including all of the turbo lines.

smRollabuild087.jpg

smRollabuild093.jpg

smRollabuild097.jpg

The turbo oil drain return tapped directly into the factory oil pressure level sender bracket. Looks very clean. This will actually be switched out for a 45 deg fitting, but it shows how it will sit. Hooray for AN fittings on everything!

smRollabuild096.jpg

Just realized I never put up shots of the turbo/engine in the car. Going to print some of these off and start putting them around the house for motivation to get working.

turbofront2.jpg

boostage1.jpg

boostage2.jpg

boostage3.jpg

Piping will come straight out of the turbo into a 180 and right through the intercooler. The total piping length should be under six feet. It's no V-mount, but better than most front-mount setups out there.

turbofront3.jpg

Last edited:
It was drilled and tapped to fit the AN fitting. It's possible I may not even be able to use that if the drain line angle is too small. I will be extending the sides of the oil pan for extra capacity, so it may be relocated onto the extension.

newpan.jpg

If you are planning to do extension for extra capacity… I suggest you to make it deeper to keep the oil while cornering