The SC lexus is bashed by the E55 AMG!!!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Sounds nice Eric, that's just about everything you can ask for in a standard manual transmission and then some. Also that is a rediculous amount of horse power these stock V160's can handle. What was Toyota thinking? I like it....However, it's a damn shame Toyota was not thinking the same on the automatic trannies for the Supra's... :(

Remember what the MKIV was made for... Toyota unveiled the MKIV only three months before they entered it in the GT series, and they wanted somethig that wouldn't break on the first trip around the track.

Eric

Jibby, didn't i mention to you in another post that if you want an automatic to take horsepower than the boostlogic built sc300/supra built auto tranny is the way to go. It is $1800 and is running 9's on their own supra. I does require you exchange your original and you'll have to ask them if they will build it with the 1uz bellhousing because they offer it under sc300 and supra, so its the same transmission, should be no problem, a simple bolt in. Also they sell high performance torque converters, but you already have one, so $1800 and your done, no conversion, bellhousings, driveshaft or anything, but i suggest you talk with them or shoot an email. www.boostlogic.com Also, if you a considering the v160 (which personally i would prefer), then there is one on ebay right now. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=8036998212&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

Kean at Boostlogic is straight up guy, and he won't steer you wrong. $1800 dollar kit seems very hit and miss, according to the thread in Supraforums.com. There's people on Supraforums that has gotten the transmission "upgrade" and has had to send it back 3 times because the second gear blows out, and only at around 400 HP. Then again there are some that hold.

Here's the thread to the tranny debate:

http://supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=327672&page=1&pp=25

Just remember that "ya takes your chances" with this transimission build. Luckily Boostlogic has very good customer service.

Eric

Interesting, i read the thread and in summation this is what i get. That a few people have had problems, and this thread is about one instance, but that 90% of the BL transmission have worked perfectly on big single turbos, yet a couple have had problems. The thing is it looks like their customer service is excellent and they will take care of the problem. So i don't know, i think more research would be good, but overall they seem to work well. Also, we can look at rdm20fan's tranny which i think chrisman built with some nice clutches etc, and he is putting down 510rwhp on the street, we should see how that one holds up.

Good insight again, and yes WDoh.. you did post me that earlier I did not forget. I have found out that it seems the cost factors and negatives just about out weigh the benifits and positives with the auto tranny builds, in comparison to the V160 swap. Now with the new difficulties with the flywheels and clutches mouting up, I wan't to see how this V160 swap turns out with Xirforever or anyone else.. I am tired of being the Ginnea Pig...Ha Ha. Seriously, I am still deciding which direction I may go... and waiting for some positive results. Just want to say good reads and thank you all.....

I don't know if the difficulites with clutches/ flywheels are mounting up, it's just a modification that has to be done to the flywheel. : )

Eric

Well I gave the sc400 a good run today with nos.. The car definetely motors. This is all after changing out the rear tires to fat ones, fan deletion swap, caps and rotors replacement, and ground cables replacement. My conclusion is the car is a bit crispier and the rear wider tires really make a difference with off the line traction. I can no longer cherp the rear tires in second gear riding nos anymore because of the added rear tire traction... The car really bolts now from 0-50mph from a dig...In conclusion my car has just got a little faster and I may just be creeping up on the E55 AMG after all... Need to go find me a race and test these new treads out some more... The cars handling and cornering is dramatically improved and very impressive. Tires really do make a huge difference with cars...