TE27 V8 swap update pics

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

The Flea

Here is the latest on the my swap. I spent hours trying to find a way to use the stock Lexus engine mounts and/or the standard 3TC mounts that run <$20/ea. Really, I tried backwards, foward, upside down. It's really close and can be done with what you have to work with--mostly.
I would encourage those of you doing similar projects to explore this option if you have something against cutting the k-member.

I could have used the k-member mounts (nicely angled at a 45) and the alignment would have been ok. The engine would have been to far up and foward for me. I want to run a single turbo up front and need as much set back as possible without cutting the firewall. So this meant modifying the k-member. The engine torque will now be transfered through the frame and not the "k" so the missing material won't kill you. BTW, the factory Lexus tube headers fit for me both ways, but the steering shaft becomes and issue. Too much to talk about...sigh.

I ended up whacking the 45's off the k-member and making some easy engine mounts from 2X4 rectangular. The 1.25" hole in the middle is optional. The specs are 2 x 4 x 2.25". Then weld a little pad on top with a 13mm hole for the Lexus engine mount to sit on and bolt to.

enginemounts00.jpg

enginemounts01.jpg

enginemounts02.jpg

enginemounts04.jpg

Nice work.
Like you, my original xmember mounts were at almost the same angle as the block, but mine ending up being useful.
I can't move the motor any further back without modding the xmember, or the sump, and it sits about 3-4mm above the crossmember.

At least this way you get to use the factory engine mounts.
What are you using for the rubber?
A lot of ppl use the landcruiser mounts
They look like this
http://www.norbie.net/Project2jz/XMember/medium_RubberMounts01.jpg
They could be a good solution to yours.

Thanks peewee. I've got the same 3-4mm under the pan, but have a few inches before I hit the x-member now.
Looking in the future, I figured I'd need the extra space under the heads and on the sides of the block to run some exhaust tubing to a single turbo. Thst's how the 45's got 86'd.
I was only going to use a small piece of rubber to help on the small vibrations. I hope this is enough. I'm thinking track only now:)
I'll put another picture up here shortly with the rubber.

i think te27 is really old school toyota corolla (74-77)....

they had the same engine as the celica of that time period also i think..... gotta love these classic oldies.