Tacoma/ LHD Hilux swap guidance?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

TABrinn

I'm planning a 1UZ swap for my 99 Tacoma 2.4L, 2wd, std cab. I've read many of the swaps (mainly 4wd) and they are all slightly different. I just want some expert opinion on what all I need to pull this off. I already have a few questions that haven't been answered yet.

1)Do all the UZ engines share the same bell housing bolt patterns?
2)Is there a piggy back for the ECU to make it work with the stock lexus computer?
3)What would be the best gear ratio for the 1UZ? Which tranny rear combo comes close to this? I want it mainly for spirited street driving and the occasional stop light drag.
4) Can the stock 2.4 liter rear end hold up to the torque of the 1UZ?
5) Front, mid, or rear oil sump?

I was thinking of using the R-154 supra tranny as this seems to be the popular route. Using the Supra rear IRS would be awesome but it's a little out of my skill level to graft one in. The swap guide on here says an 8" toyota rear would be best due to their strength and availability of aftermarket parts. What all do these come in, v-6 tacoma?

I'm planning a 1UZ swap for my 99 Tacoma 2.4L, 2wd, std cab. I've read many of the swaps (mainly 4wd) and they are all slightly different. I just want some expert opinion on what all I need to pull this off. I already have a few questions that haven't been answered yet.

1)Do all the UZ engines share the same bell housing bolt patterns?
2)Is there a piggy back for the ECU to make it work with the stock lexus computer?
3)What would be the best gear ratio for the 1UZ? Which tranny rear combo comes close to this? I want it mainly for spirited street driving and the occasional stop light drag.
4) Can the stock 2.4 liter rear end hold up to the torque of the 1UZ?
5) Front, mid, or rear oil sump?

3: Depends, but If your using the stock 7.5" diff, you could use the 3.58 (auto gear), the manual is a 3.42 R&P.

4: It can and does, but if you abuse it with wide sticky tires then it will eventually fail.
5: You want a front sump from an LS400.

I was thinking of using the R-154 supra tranny as this seems to be the popular route. Using the Supra rear IRS would be awesome but it's a little out of my skill level to graft one in. The swap guide on here says an 8" toyota rear would be best due to their strength and availability of aftermarket parts. What all do these come in, v-6 tacoma?

The 8" comes in pre-tacoma v6, and a few turbo v6, and the Pre-Runner/ 4x4, but they are difficult to find in 5 lug configuration. The cost effective route is an 8.8" from a 95-ish Ford Explorer (5 lug, disc brakes, able to accept about 450 Torque max). This axle is only about an inch narrower, however, you need to address brake plumbing, and a proportion/bias valve. They can be picked up for about $200 (US) and comes with 3.31, 3.73, 4.11 R&P, and an LSD. Ford doesn't make them, they just buy them, so purists do not have to scream ford.