T56 Bellhousing Coming Soon!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Someone in this site is working on this bellhousing and be mate with the domestic Borg-Warner T56 which was and still use in Ford Cobra from 2003 to Present, Chevy LT1 Camero from 1993 to present and the Viper. T56 is a 6 speed transmission and you can pickup them up pretty cheap. They are around $700. So if you are thinking about the V160 swap... you might want to wait a little. It should be done in 6 months. This bellhousing will be sale with flywheel along with a high performance clutch. The price TBD but we can not give too much details because we had many incidents some of our parts were copied our ideas or our source. We know who this person is don't we?

So.... line up... I am the first person in line...

1. Lextreme

Hehe I might be #2 David; we'll see if my Getrag will hold up to the torque of the supercharged 1UZ.

The Getrags have had a great reputation for being tough, but everyone forgets these super high HP Supras are still just little 3.0l naturally aspirated motors that don't make squat for torque until the turbo is on boost, etc. And it's the torque that kills the drivetrain and clutches.

I've got a hunch as the V8 swaps become more popular, we'll see people having to change their drivetrains too down the road. Especially if they insist on doing drag race launches with real sticky tires.

Guys,

I dont have the price yet but we have some prelimary pictures but I can not show right now. Engine and tranny will be direct bolt on. Just put your name to support the maker of these kit. If interest is high enough that will also motivate him too.

T56 is same gearbox bolt pattern as Tremec TKO right? If so then there's already an off the shelf BH available...err i run one :)

As for strength the getrag is as strong as the 6 speed T56, stronger i suspect....just the getrag is hell expensive

Have a look at these:

Tremec's webpage for the T56, which, in OEM form, is the box used in 'vettes, Vipers, Aston Martin Vanquish, etc.:
http://www.ttcautomotive.com/English/products/T-56.asp

And for the TKO500 and 600:
http://www.ttcautomotive.com/English/products/TKO.asp

And a thread we had last year on the Getrag vs the TKO600
http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showpost.php?p=44534&postcount=20

Unfortunately Getrag no longer show the V160 on their website (it used to be there as their model 233), but I do have that page saved from a few years back.

So:
Getrag V160 in the Supra is rated for 361 lb-ft
Tremec T56 is rated from 350-550 lb-ft depending on its application
Tremec TKO500 is rated 500 lb-ft
Tremec TK0600 is rated 600 lb-ft

These are all manufacturers' ratings, so the T56 "should" be a somewhat stronger box than the Getrag, and the TKO series "should" be a much stronger box than the Getrag. That's of course if you believe the manufacturers.

LOL, 350-550 is a pretty broad range and i interpret as...grannie driver = 550ftlbs and spirited driving = 350 ftlbs :) Based on seeing what's out there running what i still say the V160 is the equal of a T56 and with a nicer shift too.....still, the T56 is hell common so that's a big plus.

Well aware TKO600 beats all as that's the box i run :)

My biggest reason for wanting a T-56 is its drive ratio's. If I had a .62 or even a .5 OD ratio pushed by a 4 liter V8 in a 2500 lb sports car, I'd get some pretty good fuel economy. Past that, all I've got to do it drop a couple gears and I can be hauling A$$ again.

Also, with my current situation as a teenager, I doubt I could afford to make enough power to break one. The T-56 simply fits the bill for me on all levels.

The major problem with the Supra 6 speed would be very hard to find and once you found it is expensive too. You can pick up a very good condition Camero T56 transmission for around $750 vs. $2,200 if you can find one. The availability of the V160 is too scarce and hard to find replacement parts.

so where are these $700 T56s found? on ebay all i see is $2000, the picture lex posted is from an ebay auction thats starting at $2,195.00

Just to let u know what type of cars/trucks used the T56:

Applications
Aston Martin DB7 Vantage
Aston Martin V12 Vanquish, 2001-2006
Chevrolet Corvette, 1997-2007
Dodge Ram SRT10, 2004-2006
Dodge Viper, 1992-2007
Ford Mustang Cobra, 2003-2004
Ford Mustang Cobra R, 2000
Ford Falcon XR6, XR6T, XR8, F6 Tornado/Typhoon, GT/GT-P 2004-
General Motors GM F platform V8 cars, 1993-2002
Holden Commodore 1998-2007
Holden Monaro, 2001-2006
GM M12
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2001–2004
Pontiac GTO 2004–2006
Cadillac CTS-V 2004–2006
GM MN6
Chevrolet Corvette 2004–2007
GM M10
Chevrolet SSR 2005–2006
Holden VE Commodore 2006
GM MZ6
Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2005–2007

All About T56 Transmission

T56 is same gearbox bolt pattern as Tremec TKO right? If so then there's already an off the shelf BH available...err i run one :)

As already stated, if the T56 has the same bolt pattern as the tremec then these bellhousings already exist!!! how hard is this to confirm, sheesh??

You want a bellhousing for a T56 then call Castlemaine Rod Shop in Australia