Synapse FMU fuel rate question

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

spf_lexus

Just picked up this FMU from Synapse engineering and they advertise for toyota's and this means direct bolt on that replaces the stock reg... for SOME models. I bought the $25 adapter kit on a hunch but its made for 1jz/2jz. Does anyone know if the supra fuel rail is similar to 1uz?? Better yet, is the I.D. on the screw type reg the same on both engines? anyone ever looked?

I went to the Synapse website. I think the adaptor kit is for the Japanese cars thread and pitch. It is not necessary mean it will physically bolt for 1UZFE engine. The fuel rails and intake is very close to each other along with other parts. I don't think you can directly replace the oem FPR with this unit. It might have the same thread and pitch as the oem fuel rail but it most likely not going to bolt on due to surrounding compounants.

NOPE!! dude this thing is tiny.... its half the size as the cartech fmu and its a vertical mount configuration, 1uz stock REG is as wide as the Synapse unit. If I am lucky (oh please, oh please)... then I will just replace the stock unit with this one and run the exact same vacuum line (replaced of course) and tune from there. It has its advantages to replacing stock and responsiveness would be the first, second would be the ease of adjustment... being right next to the TB; no more sore back from leaning to the back firewall to "feather" the knobs. I was thinking it MAY be possible that the engine puller hook might be in the way and if it is then its gone by means of socket or dremel (could possibly weld back if needed for swap). I will post as lot once this thing comes in the mail.... looking like monday since there is hardly any documented installs w/ the unit.

well I was right by quoting the ..."1/5th the size" until I got it in the mail. Its small but its not that small. I used a metric vacuum fitting for return line use. sorry david lol

yeah I have heard enough good stores about keeping the stock one and running as secondary so its tried and true. BTW i'm going to be over at david's tomorrow early morning fitting the FMU and tuning... he mentioned your name, you should come by if your not busy and contribute the brain power lol.

yeah I have heard enough good stores about keeping the stock one and running as secondary so its tried and true. BTW i'm going to be over at david's tomorrow early morning fitting the FMU and tuning... he mentioned your name, you should come by if your not busy and contribute the brain power lol.
David told me that but I couldn't make it that early. I called him at around 12 p.m. and I think you guys are already done. Hopefully wait to see your car next time. I might go down to Temecula this Sunday afternoon, so if you're in the area, perhaps we can meet.

My idle needs work so far but the car is drivable and is building 5-6psi. The bov isnt opening up at idle and I think this is my problem. I just have 1 question:

-What happens if I match the pulley psi for my supercharger with the spring rate of my BOV?
-Right now I have an 8psi spring w/ a 5 or 6 psi pulley(3.60'') and its opening at around 2k
-My BOV is NOT adjustable, all TIAL's are like this so spring rates are the only way.

Worked fine but it wasn't "bolt-on" but it sure is for a 1990 civic DX. It works great but just itsn'y an easy oem swap. I had a fitting added in the middle and ran as a secondary regulator in the return line... works flawlessly.

Its adjustable for static fuel pressure and the ratio of fuel (1:1-12:1).

Cheers. Which model did you get ? They list a few vehicle specific ones. Did you just use a barb fitting to insert into the return?

What ratio are you using on it for enrichment?

Cheers
matt.

just opt for the "universal" setup. I believe they include vacuum -an fittings so you can run as secondary w/o a trip to the fitting shop. Toyota specific did not come w/ adapter, just a 10m metric threaded port w/ an "o" ring.

the top screw w/ locking nut is for the static fuel. I don't have a fuel pressure gage but it's supposed to be around 30-40psi@ idle? Also there is another thum adjustment knob on the top (off to the side) and if turned all the way to the right it will give 12:1 at boost. If you just max it out you'll have a rich top end but thats better than a lean top end! :boggled: