Symptoms of Bad Torque Converter?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

stevechumo

I'm helping my brother's friend to diagnose a problem with the tranny on his auto SC400. For some reasons, his tranny acted weird like there's no gear at all. He shifted through R, D, L, and 2, but they're all seem like in neutral. The tranny didn't feel different between gears. He put in either D, L, or 2 and revved up to 4000 RPM and the car only seemed to move for a little like about a yard, then it couldn't move any further. Also, the tranny seems to have some grinding noise. Does that sound like a bad torque converter or the bad tranny?

I didn't have a chance to smell the tranny oil so I couldn't tell if it's burnt or not.

Steve, Lex what's happening? Tranny sounds like it's gone. Do like I did get a used one from Lex for $300 and slap that sucker in there..

My used tranny is still running like a champ. Then again I don't race my SC400 anymore..

So who has the fastest SC400 these Days out the triads? Been out of touch for a while..

Right now JamesN is the fastest. Because Steve's and mine are down. LOL... Just wait for few more months when fund become available. The Beast will be awaken.