Supercharger Vs. Turbo

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
No, we will not talk about which system can produce more hp or which one will spool first. I am talking about maintaince here guys. I have a single and my waterpump leak and now, i have to take out partial turbo system inorder to get to the waterpump and so on. What a pain. Now that is just single. Imagine twin? Twin and AC or Alternator replacement will be impossible without taking the engine out.

This where supercharger become more attractive. Everything in on top and nothing is really on the way of it.

yes - you have to hate it when that happens... but having driven well over 500,000 miles on turbos cars - I still think they are the way to go.

I have a buddy who has had 40,000 miles on his 800hp supercharged Viper - but he does have to replace the belt every now and again and tighten it if he races it, plus the blower can't match the turbo mid-range...

both have their place - I see a blower as the option for those that want simple and can't afford a decent turbo setup....

flame suit on

I see a supercharger for those who want a truely drivable car with linear power production.

We ran a simulation on the engine I'm building (MP112 Eaton) and it will produce 454lbft of torque at just 2,500rpm. It should produce 610hp at 6,500 rpm. Max torqus is projected to be close to 575lbft.

It's the flat torque curve that appeals. You can shift early or late it won't matter there will always be power there and I won't have lag or need to worry about blow off valves to keep the turbine spinning.

Since the simulation I've decided on a little more radical porting so the figures may rise a little.

Whilst I like (my engine) being blown being driven with a belt is more appealing than with hot air!

Mmmm,I'd expect higher Rod..
So far the M90 has given between 553ftlb to 701ftlb on Peters Active ??
Jan has Installed Cams as well and is in the Upper bracket in his UZZ31.
Peter has 2 SMT6's on the Active at 6psi
Jan has a Unichip at 5.5-6psi.

Attachments

• handbrake.JPG
    handbrake.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 249
  • V64runnerpedals.JPG
    V64runnerpedals.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 250
  • inside.JPG
    inside.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 248
  • plate.JPG
    plate.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 278
Gee Neil,

I don't need too much more power or I'll need a built Torquflite and Nissan GQ diffs to handle the grunt.

Any more than whats projected will be welcome but hard on the driveline.