Supercharger Kits in the UK?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

BodgerBen

Hi - silly question time, does anyone know a place in the UK that can supply supercharger kits for the 1UZFE?

I've emailed Bullet cars but have not yet received a response and I've also emailed Richwood - and I'll need to source the M90 and a fuel pressure gizmo.
Both of these guys are not exactly local so I'd get stung a bit for shipping - but at least they have supplied a number of kits before and have a good reputation. I was wondering if there's somewhere closer.

Anyway an M90 kit looks favorite as there's not a great amount of room in front right of the engine bay - that's not to say some space could not be made, and we'd have to route the intercooler somewhere..

This is to go on the wifes track day car
http://www.bodgerben.com/Scimitar.htm

Cheers,
Ben

Thanks guys

As I said, I've tried contacting Bullet - still awaiting their response.

Richwood have replied - and their kit looks good.

Had a comment that the M90 is perhaps not ideal - I've only gone by what I've seen a few others do (on the wibbly wobbly web) and to be honest the Bullet web site. So perhaps I am barking up the wrong tree.

Cheers,
Ben

Several of us run the Richwood kit and like it. Others haven't had the best experience with them and have gone to Bullet.

Regardless which kit you buy, I think the universal opinion would be that the M90 is nearly a waste of time & money. You'd be better served with an M112, one of the newer TVS Eatons, or a twinscrew.

Spend the money on a TVS or twin screw or you will only regret not going that way in the future.

Thanks again guys - I may have found a UK supplier of TVS 1900's - and I hope that I can get the Richwood manifold either cut for the TVS or a blank.

Watch this space.

Cheers,
Ben

I have drawn up a cad file to get a top plate cut to suit the Harrop TVS 1900 and richwood manifold if you need it.

I also have a spare adaptor plate for a harrop 1900 to go with a bullet manifold (not sure if they are the same bolt pattern as the richwood) if you need it

IMG_0075.jpg

I also have a spare adaptor plate for a harrop 1900 to go with a bullet manifold (not sure if they are the same bolt pattern as the richwood) if you need it

Nah Bullet is a different bolt pattern mate.

How much do you want for that plate though? I can see a TVS2300 in my future ;)

PM sent.

I'd love to see how a TVS2300 would go on a 1UZ. Don't think I have seen it done yet..

Justen,

Apparently the 2300 is massive compared to the 1900.
I spoke to Bullet about using one on a 1UZ, and their opinion was that its too big for their manifold.

So mucho custom custom would be needed.

Justen,

Apparently the 2300 is massive compared to the 1900.
I spoke to Bullet about using one on a 1UZ, and their opinion was that its too big for their manifold.

So mucho custom custom would be needed.

If i can get a M122 to fit i reckon it's doable ;) Whether it's worth it is another matter....if the TVS1900 can make 350rwkw at sensible boost i'd just go with that but i suspect not?

Is the M122 much bigger than the 4th Gen M112 (circa 2004 vintage) ?

Because the TVS1900 basically the same size as the M112.

Yeah 112 is 1.8x litres, with 122 out to 2 litres on the nose. I haven't had them side by side but physically look pretty similar. 10% capacity increase.

I guess that the extra efficiency of the 4 lobe (what is the improvement in eff supposed to be anyways??) might do the job? but only just?

I'm confident i'll get my current setup to 300rwkw at a boost and inlet temp that stock internals can handle. It's not enough ;) I need 300rwkw+ with my chassis (and driving ability ;)) to run the times i want. Turbos will do it so likely go back to them but hard work.

2.3 litre 4 lobe should do 305rwkw at a similar 14psi to what i am currently running, with nicer inlet temps too.

Dunno at present, i could jump any which ways :D

Give me to the end of the year and I'll let you know what an intercooler tvs1900 is capable of.

I gave the 2300 some serious thought (it was less than 10% extra), but cbf rooting around trying to get it to fit.
So I bought the 1900 and decided to not get the bolt on kit, but do a custom install... go figure.

btw, the guys at Bullet reckon the 1900 is easily capable of 350rwkW.
Time will tell just how true that is (350rwkw is my goal)

It'll do 350rwkw, of that i'm pretty sure. 350 at 15psi and 350 @ 20psi are very different things though ;) Thermal load is what kills a stock engine, so the less boost you can run for the hp, the more likely it'll survive.

There are compromises of course, so it's finding the best compromise.

IC would help that bit more...anyways, keen to see what your setup runs in the end and in the mean time i'll just keep playing :)