Supercharger Kits in the UK?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Are cams or valve springs being upgraded ???
I see them being the bug bear with any decent boost, power levels...

Being that boost is a restriction of flow, it would help intake temps as well I assume ??

Shawn and I just installed the M112 into my LS400. Looks massive and fits under the hood. Still need to fab the TB adaptor and other vac lines.

So as a dyno run, impressive but doesn't mean too much really. I reckon a stock engine will take well over 400rwkw on a dyno pull. It will still die the first decently spirted drive though ;)

I couldn't make out the manifold but assuming a Bullet one? Doesn't look to have ICing either...hence the methanol injection i guess.

Based on that though i'm thinking some direct meth injection might be worth a try. A few changes to my current WI setup and i'd be set.

I reckon a small EFI pump just straight into the Aquamist lines/nozzles could be the go. No return line so pump will be working hard, i wonder how long it would last?

You watching this thread John? You've palyed with more WI pumps than most, what do you think?

You watching this thread John? You've palyed with more WI pumps than most, what do you think?

Justen I like the ShurFlo 8030-813-239 model 150psi pumps, with the internal bypass removed and a 150psi pressure switch installed (but not used). The atomisation seems better at the higher pressures, and yes, I've run straight meth through them, and they seem to handle it OK; well better than the engine does anyway!

These are the pumps that most of the high end M/W people sell with their setups. Some claim it's their own proprietary design, blah, blah, blah, but I'm sure most everyone who brags about a 150psi system is using this pump.

If you get this ShurFlo and a good external bypass/pressure regulator, then you can run the pump continuously (when you want M/W of course), and don't have to fool with that start/stop mode. I've run these pumps at over 200psi, and they just hunker down & get with it.

It's a physically big pump (much larger than the Aquamist), but it'll handle flows up to 1.5 GPM and very high pressures.

We seem to have strayed from the original thread but I am defiantly looking at WM injection now. I will need to design a stainless tank to fit in the passenger foot well and act as a foot rest as there is nowhere else to put one.
I am going to use the Adaptronic to deliver the WM mix. WI pump on at 2 psi and vary a high speed valve with a pwm output based on MAP, sound like a good idea?

We seem to have strayed from the original thread but I am defiantly looking at WM injection now. I will need to design a stainless tank to fit in the passenger foot well and act as a foot rest as there is nowhere else to put one.
I am going to use the Adaptronic to deliver the WM mix. WI pump on at 2 psi and vary a high speed valve with a pwm output based on MAP, sound like a good idea?

sounds like an excellent idea...i like the dual use too :)

Thanks John, my current setup uses a surflow pump....i'll need to check the part number but pretty sure it's the 120psi version...good enough atomisation i reckon having checked with a variety of nozzles.

Hmm, i didn't think it would like straight meth? Is it an impeller style pump? If it'll take it then a quick change of lines and i can give it a try...can't hurt eh? :)

I will say I'm pretty happy with my Snow pump cycling with boost pressure. Probably a Sure-flow but who knows?

It turns on at 8psi and is in full flight at 12psi.

It's quiet and gets the job done.

The ShurFlo's are diaphragm type pumps. You can specify Viton seals, and the rest of the internals are other forms of plastics that don't seem to be affected too much by the meth.

Mine is also controlled from the EMS (AEM in my case) and I'm PWM'ing a 30a SSR. It doesn't prroduce anything below 40% duty rate, so I don't bother with duty cycles below that, now.

I've also found that the pump doesn't like to self prime, and needs a flooded suction. Something to keep in mind when arranging all the components. The priming problem is probably due to a small NRV (check valve) I installed just before the nozzles to keep the line full, but to prevent dribbling. It has a low cracking pressure of 1-2 psi, but it still affects the priming.

BTW, I've also used this same type of ShurFlo pump for prelubing the engine, and it works a treat. I thought pumping cold, viscous motor oil would be too much for it, but it's fine. It's cheaper than the Mocal pump too.

Attachments

• IMG_0516 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0516 (Large).JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0517 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0517 (Large).JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0518 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0518 (Large).JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 2
Hmmm that's what i thought and figured the 'rubber' won't last too long with meth? long enough to test i guess? My pump is gravity fed and sits in the rear next to the tank so no issue there. I use a solenoid valve to avoid water getting drawn in under vac, syphoning etc...nearly hydrolocked the engine before i put the valve in :eek:

It does the pulsed pump type thing so interested to hear how to mod to a more constant pump rate, not that it appears to be an issue? It's been running strong for 5 years now :)