Supercharger for a LS400 (1991)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Dont always believe what you hear or read. A guy here in Oz just bought a complete motor and S/C (they fitted) and was meant to have 430hp. Now its in there its only about 340hp and they dont want to know him.

ive talked to them, you can get a 7psi or 10psi pulley. I am going to go with the 7psi...it should put the hp up around 400
From what I know, 7 psi of boost will add an additional of 80 hp with a supercharger setup. So 400 hp with 7 psi is way too far from the truth.

Attachments

• spark plug wire.JPG
    spark plug wire.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 31
Single turbo the SC400 for way less money and get more power in addition....Just ask stevechumo and or Lextreme himself, as they did it all for about $50 usd and are getting around 400hp too.... A torque converter upgrade and a good single turbo will perform as well as any supercharger 1uz setup...

Steve buddy, how is that single turbo doing on you Sc400? Haven't heard much about it....Is it up and running?

Attachments

• Valve-Body.JPG
    Valve-Body.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 7
Hey,

I was stevie's single turbo header last night. He is a Lextemer for sure. Very creative. Welding skill still needs alot of work, but creativity is A+.

John,
You missed us last night. David called you. We had a good time. I brought the turbo manifold along and showed it to David and James. It's not done and I had a little more done today. I hope it won't rain tomorrow so I can do some more stuffs. You mentioned $50 and I really hope that's all I've been paying. The project cost me more than $1K already and I've been doing all the work by myself.

David,
Did you mention my welding skill? :no: Come on, give me a mercy.

Man!!!! Missed you guys again.... Got tied up doing stuff and couldn't even answer my phone...

Good deal Steve, and $50 was a just a joke, although I did guess you and Lex did the single turbo biuld for cheap... $1000 is real good for what is going to be what a 100hp gain?....Outstanding....

there are +'s and -'s to both types, turbo and supercharged. But has anyone in North America gotten one of these and installed it? Because I would personally prefer the SC path for forced induction.

I'm in Houston and have the Richwood manifold. I was originally going to use an Eaton M112 from a Cobra but the SC was huge and overhung the manifold on three sides. I've since decided to switch to a smaller Opcon/Autorotor, which is making its way (very slowly) from Oz. At my current pace, I'm probably anywhere from 6mos to a year away from getting the setup sorted and running.

Attachments

• stillhit.jpg
    stillhit.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 3
I have the Opcon on a Richwood manifold and it fits beatifully.

I'm also around 6-12 months from getting it to run.

The workmanship from Richwood is very good ( I wish I could do it half as well) and the price is actually quite reasonable.

I've seen the Richwood manifold at David. It's really awesome. I don't have any negative thought about it. In my opinion, it's more convenient than some other maker's manifold (I don't remember whom), because it has the fuel injector holes while the other doesn't. That means the other requires an additional machinest to drill the holes.