Supercharger crankshaft pulley 1UZFE

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

autronic

This is some pictures of a Solidworks drawing I made for a pulley for a supercharger application.
It will retain the stock crankshaft pulley and will be bolted onto it by using the big crankshaft pulley
bolt + secured by using the 2 bolts that is used to remove the crankshaft pulley.

It is 180 mm in diameter and it's meant for an 8 rib PK belt. It's meant to be machined in steel
or titanium, as the walls are only 2 to 3 mm thick. The reason I choose titanium, I had a piece just
big enough. The draving is easy to modify, to change it to an aluminium design instead.

This is something I had a look into a while back, but I will not be able to do it as the engine bay in
my Ford Sierra is to short, it will touch the radiator fans.

The drawing is to big to be posted here, so if anybody want it let me know.

Edit:

I modified it and made an aluminium edition.

I think a double "balanced" crank pulley would be awesome...Like, One to run the charger independantly and the other to run the alternator, PS, etc... One pulley with two serp belt inlets on it...

That way you if you do ever experience Super Charger slipage or failure which does happen it won't effect the alternator, computer and timing of the engine....No engine distruction, foul timing, etc.....You'll just run a little rich, no harm to the engine and electronics...

I don't know why anyone hasn't tried this of this forum..I have seen it done on the BBC's a few times with fantastic results over the long haul???????

Perks on your design anyway...

I have a similar pulley on my test engine at home.

The pulley was supplied by Richwood Technologies and looks great.

I'll try and post a photo tonight.

Autronic,

Perhaps u should also consider a two stage or groves pulley. The inner one would be the stock size 6 ribs and the outter would be 8 ribs at least 7" in diameter. I would be interested in one if it happen.

Lex,

Remember a custom 6 and 8 rib one piece pulley wouldn't have the harmonic balancer insert which means you would give your crank a real work out.

I think the bowl pulley is the right way to go.

Lextreme.

Remember, this pulley was something I looked into a year or so ago and the idea was to retain
the stock crank pulley with the vibration damber and all the ancillaries it runs.

I planned to run a separate circuit for the supercharger, there was a couple of reasons to do
this; it's easy to make a bigger diameter wheel, it is 180 mm ( 7.09" ) compared to 160 mm
( 6.30" ) as stock and it's possible to run a 8 rib "PK" style belt that is capable of taking the
strain from a supercharger better than the 6 rib "PJ" style cars normally run.

Well, there's one thing not ok methinks.

If you look at the stock crank pulley and then decide to mount the extra pulle onder the center bolt and "lock" it in place with the 2 bolt holes used to bolt the toyota SSC to, you will drive your 2nd belt to the supercharger without a harmonic balancer.

the rubber in the balancer isolates the inner part of the pulley to the belt driving outer piece.

maybe some of the other pulleys in the toyota corner fit the 1uz crank aswell, I know for sure that there are twin belt 4age and 3sge pulleys on the stock engines..... I can try a 4age one this afternoon does anybody else have a 3sge one lying around?

grtz Thomas

The active Soarer (UZZ32) uses a twin belt system but it would require moving all ancilliaries to make it work.

The bowl pulley is standard use across a huge range of engines so I feel the dampner still does it's job.

The balancer is not cushioning the belt drive from the crank it's there to smooth out the harmonics in the crank.

I don't think the additional pulley has any effect.

Some older Fords used a bolt on pulley to run things like air conditioning so if they are fitted OEM I don't worr about them.