Vendor supercharged manifolds for sale

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Lextreme said:
There are some many members in TS. Anyone in there done a DIY turbo or Supercharger?
STS has a romote turbo setup, goes under the bed. and i thing ATI is comming out with some type of centrifugal pro charger. idk if any TSmembers got em on and have posted any dyno numbers yet.

Anyone talked to Jordy (Joel) lately? I have all his contact details and have PM'd and emailed him, but no response as yet. I'm getting close to needing a manifold and would really prefer one of his.

John

John,

I've searched the White Pages on line for him and I can't find an Alexander in Borooga but did find a few in a nearby town.

You could try an online search but I couldn't even find a machine shop in the town.

Try Pete Scott (UZZ32Pete) as Joel has a write up on Pete's ALSC Site he may be able to ring him and get him to PM you.

Joel, are you still making/modifying manifolds to suit m90? I have a spare manifold and spare cash but not in a hurry, I guess price would be dearer than initial posts as there seams to be a lot of work in your manifolds

Gday mate,just wanted to no if you can build me a manifold to bolt on a 6/71 sc,clearance is not a problem,wont be registered,also has anyone out there put this combo in a 2wd hilux before?
jordys ski boat said:
i make supercharged manifolds for the 123uzfes to suit roots or screw type supercharges they can be up to 10mm lower than the stock plenum where hood clearance is minimal they range from $600 aus dollors here are some photos of a manifold to soot an eaton m90 if your intrested pm me your phone no and i will call you

Hey guys I read this entire post and came across the statement about the USA cars running rich or funky if we try the EGR blocker.....I hope that is crap, because any day now I will be installing a set of S&S Headers on my California SC400. I have an EGR blocker kit which I purchased from Dave at Lextreme... My concern being that if the car is going to run funky or run too rich after the EGR blocker is installed I may be screwed. I plan on getting it dyno's and tuned with the piggyback ECU after the header install, but keep in mind I am running nos and too rich means blown engine with nos. Do I need to worry guys? Anyone, with hands on experience on this subject?

Live and learn!

I always thought NOS and lean mixture killed engines. That's why you add more fuel when the NOS fires.

Oh well now I know better.

Any new news on correctly blocking the EGR on a California USA 1992 sc400? I am about to install headers am I screwed is it going to scew up my ECU and fuel mixture? What is the correct way to block the EGR? Can a Piggyback ECU help?

staff said:
I'm glad to see people taking the steps to produce aftermarket perfomance for the Lexus engines, however, this mod. needs some work before it's ready.

1st = Without the EGR valve attached, it will not work. Intake shown would require ERG valve mod. to utilize it with this manifold setup.

Since EGR are electronically controlled ( USA Lexus 4.0) not vacuum controlled ( non- USA Soarer) you cannot just disgard it as you can on Soarers and expect things to work.

Thus, this setup as shown NOT work for USA Lexus engines. Attempts bypass or remove the EGR on US cars will cause it to run very rich.
Because the EGR in USA cars is electronic, it's tied directly into the cars computer system. Without the feedback from the EGR to enssure proper fuel managment, the cars onboard computer has no way of knowing where its at.

Side note: All attempts I and others have made to modify or bypass The EGR in USA models have proven unsuccessful.

2nd issue: The ports as shown extrude into the manifold. This in addition to the mounting not being centered would cause some bazarre turbulants resulting in very uneven air flow from the charger into the cylinders. People like Edelbrock have spent millions designing and testing this kind of stuff.

Conclusion: Give you an A for effort but it fails in funtionality.
Still needs some serious revisions before it's ready to market to the USA.

So your telling me high performance custom headers like the S&S headers that are made and designed for the early model SC400 simply cannot work because of the inability to block or bypass the EGR? Can a good ECU piggyback correct and adjust? If not how about a stand alone Ecu with the EGR blocked? I find it hard to believe headers cannot be installed, are you 100% sure? Please give me options I am into these headers for $700, and they look awefully nice. Thanks bro!!!!

I was half asleep when I posted that you are right it is lean that kills the engine running nos. Too rich is not good either but the lean is the no, no. Sorry for the confusion.

John

Attachments

• DSCN0001.JPG
    DSCN0001.JPG
    167.7 KB · Views: 83
  • DSCN0002.JPG
    DSCN0002.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 25
  • DSCN0005.JPG
    DSCN0005.JPG
    161.8 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCN0006.JPG
    DSCN0006.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCN0007.JPG
    DSCN0007.JPG
    156.8 KB · Views: 57
Regarding your concerns.

jibby said:
Any new news on correctly blocking the EGR on a California USA 1992 sc400? I am about to install headers am I screwed is it going to scew up my ECU and fuel mixture? What is the correct way to block the EGR? Can a Piggyback ECU help?

Hello Gibby -
Seems my post you quote has you spooked and frustrated .
Let me ease your mind a bit.

Regarding my posts. 2 things

#1) Frankly, I post what I've experienced from truning wrenches on my cars. I found 1st hand some solutions simply did not work when I personally tried them.
#2) I avoid those wanting to debate since I don't give a S(*#T! if people agree with me or not. I spent the last 4 years working on two SC400's. I do all my own work and have put over 500 hours and 25K into my current engine. I'd like to think I know a little about this car as a result.

As for your 2 concerns:

I have the S&S headers on my own ride. A few minor issues were
Issue #1 -The flange and the hole pattern needed to be modified as they did not line up with my cats. I made some to hit and replaced them in about 2 hours. I suggest when you order yours, specify your cat or better send them the pattern so they can confirm it will fit your car.

Issue #2 - I needed to clean up some welding snot left on the the inside of the headers. Also needed to grind down 2 areas that portruded on the inside oft he left side header.

Issue #3:Note : I had short aftermarket cats and they still hang about 1-2" to low after adding the headers. I am in the process of modifying my exhaust setup and will adjust then so this is not a big issue to resolve for me.

Unless you are doing the same, suggest you read jBrady thread on the headers and see what might be a easy solution/alternative to the cat clearance issue.
All and all, IMHO - they are a excellent buy and good quality header.
I am very picky about what I find acceptable. I like them..

As for the EGR issue. Let me say I've learned not to anyones word for anything. This includes me.

I I suggest you get out a Lexus service manual and read it and decide for yourself. That said, you'll see the soarer AUS. , Canadian version Lexus ( see via serial number identification for intended destination ) US versions and California versions are all setup to handle EGR differently. Check to see if yours is electronically or vac controlled. AUS. soarers are not an issue as EGR is vac controlled. Vac controlled ( as per people I deal with in AUS tell me) can be eliminated and will not effect computer/car performance. MY car is a canadian car and is a hybred and not an issue. My 1st engine came out of a California car and always ran rich. In 1992
I discovered the EGR setup was different for CA. destination delivery then other states. Don't take my word for it. It spells it out via a disclaimer in the service manuals. My 4 years working on this car taught me that if it runs threw the electrical/computer and your screw with it... it will let you know it.

That said, if you try something that dosn't work, you can change it back and try again.

I suggest you see what setup your car has and compare it to the service manuals and start there. Good luck, its a great car with one of the best engines ever engineered. Have fun amigo!!

damn it must suck to live in cali! here in florida we have no emissions or inspections of any kind. i plan on using megasquirt so i don't have to worry about egr. are these manifolds still available?

jordys ski boat said:
i make supercharged manifolds for the 123uzfes to suit roots or screw type supercharges they can be up to 10mm lower than the stock plenum where hood clearance is minimal they range from $600 aus dollors here are some photos of a manifold to soot an eaton m90 if your intrested pm me your phone no and i will call you
Jordy,, are selling these manifolds yet and if you are I need one I have a 93 sc400 1uzfe

I hear supercharging the toyota V8's are not a wise choice...

1) Many have reported belt slippage at high rpms.. A double custom and balanced crank pulley would help with that problem and would also allow you to run the supercharger independantly from the main belt drive system....I have not seen one made yet for the 1UZ's in my neck of the woods, although Lextreme has been talking about it.........

2) It's seems some people after supercharging are dissapointed with the peak power of the Eatons and others and end up turbocharging later on.

3) Hood clearance is always a concern when supercharging...

However, even with all that being said I have always loved the Superchargers over turbo's just because of the no spool up or lag time that you get with a supercharger... Tap the gas pedal and you feel instant boost...Turb's got that little spool up time delay....I love a responsive gas pedal. I don't know about you guys? Good stall rate torque converters with auto trannies help with off the line throttle response when used in combination with turbo's, but that still is just N/A torque response and not Boost, one must wait for that damn split second spool up time from the exhaust turbo's... ..

I think turbo's in combination with the stock torque converter is suicide from a launch......Just my opinion...

Strong Exhaust turbo's are dynomite once they boost...Coming from behind to win a race is not all that bad....

Jibbby, I would be careful with making a blanket statement like "I hear supercharging the toyota V8's are not a wise choice..." A number of people in this forum are quite happy with their supercharged 1UZ's; perhaps those who aren't/weren't, had unrealistic expectations?

1. Belt slippage is a sign of a underdesigned system. A supercharger imposes a parasitic load on the engine and there has to be enough belt contact area to drive it. If the contact area can't be accomplished with belt wrap, then the width or ribs on the belt(s) has to be increased. Who in their right mind would try to run a 30-40 HP pump with a 3-4 rib belt and a 2" pulley with only 90 degrees of wrap?

2. Anyone wanting high end power should be looking at turbos from the get-go, not superchargers (or at least not PD superchargers). Simplistically, SC's provide low to medium end grunt, turbo's provide medium to high end horsepower. To be sure, compressor wheels, A/R ratios, wastegate settings, and other tuning tricks can be debated ad nauseum, but the fundamentals are that SC's work best in the lower half of the engine's power output, while turbo's work best in the upper half.

3. Agreed, but turbocharging a V8 produces a rat's nest of piping, which may result in more clearance issues than the supercharged solution, albeit not necessarily hood clearance issues.

Lastly, the title of this thread is "supercharged manifolds for sale". This is not the place to be debating the pro's & con's of supercharging and turbocharging. Post if you want to buy or discuss Jordy's manifolds.