Supercharged LS bypass valve problem

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
haha this threat blew up since I was here last. Ok thanks everyone for the tips on bypass valves. The only question im not 100% on yet is where to mount. I plan on having a sharp 90 degree bend out of TB followed by a 10'' of straight piping where the valve flange will mount as well as the 2 vacuum lines. after that the maf and then a sharp 90 degree to the left and down into IC. If anyone has any ideas or possible dilemmas im heading towards please add.

Now I have a problem!! I just cant decide! i read all of your posts and now I feel like a bov is just a safe as bypass. I honestly thought it would be awsome to use a TIAL blowoff about an inch above the MAF. Does anyone think using this type of "relief valve" would develop any kind of problems? given where I plan on mounting it? I have a 24''x12''x3'' IC from David and 3" piping for the whole project allready mounted, is the valve possibly too big/small?

Attachments

• IMGP1710.jpg
    IMGP1710.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMGP1712.jpg
    IMGP1712.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 3
I just finished bolting, running everything and fired it up for the first time and everything was sound. The down side was that i could not driver her since i had no FMU yet... didnt want to merc my engine. Anywho when it came to fab an intake I had to choose... I went with a polished TIAL bov. It came w/ 11lb spring but they say the stiffness is for a reason. It isnt visibly open at idle but im only running 6psi and I have a softer 7lb and 9lb coming. It does blow off with an engine rev, I must have hooked it up correctly, I used a rather large 1/4'' manifold line for actuation so i know under pressure it will open.

Cribbj, I'm glad you brought up the triple the pressure when throttle plate is closed tip. I had not researched that. I do however have low boost and 6psi multiplied by 3 is 18psi and if you WERE running 18psi w/ supporting engine its not like the throttle plate cannot handle 18psi, what im getting at is that it isnt a critical issue for my circumstances. I figure the bov has a 11psi string anyway so if I had lets say... 12psi, that would make 36psi in the intake tract so i could see the dangers there but w/ a stiff 11psi spring it will open at 11psi.... not like 11psi is dangerous on the engine when the blower is pumping 6, is it?? my thinking tells me no even with the spring imbalance. However I would like a closer matchup for pulley/bov spring. I love the TIAL WHOOOOSH and am keeping her but they only offer limited sizes, 7, 9, 11. what happens though if you have 11psi intake pressure and a blower sitting at idle?? surgeing back into blower?? is that bad?? at idle in particular??

Wow I really feel stupid now. TIAL sport has a special 3psi spring specifically for vorteh/procharger/paxtom etc. These are made to keep the valve open at all times except for boost. This explains why my Audi valve works so good... soft spring for super quick actuation. Right now if I rev 4k+ and lay off real quick at a stop light my engine stalls.