Supercharged 1UZ MK2 Supra

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

LEXUSV8NZ

I couldnt wait to talk to the owner and wait for him to join up, but I will be trying to fix that :!:

There you go... Ive got that off my chest now
Off to find out more about it

Just spent the last hour sorting out the pictures seems to be working now

Logan

so what is the recipe for this fine art of machinery...

this car has been a talk already at celicasupra.com

as per looking at your engine bay... I see a air/water intercooler

Nice..... i had one of those when i was in high school. Love the aggressive hood and the side pipes exit right infront of the rear tyre. Any dyno number yet? The dual blue silicone tubes (3 each) entering the engine. What is it for? Fuel?

Looks is it was an wiring nightmare.

Lextreme said:
Nice..... i had one of those when i was in high school. Love the aggressive hood and the side pipes exit right infront of the rear tyre. Any dyno number yet? The dual blue silicone tubes (3 each) entering the engine. What is it for? Fuel?

Looks is it was an wiring nightmare.
the three hoses entering the side of the engine is for the Air/water intercooler... he has a intercooler in the intake plenum... as per I think it is

I quite like all the plastic painted silver. Makes the engine look more homogenous.

I do wonder if the water bridge can carry the load of the superchager idler pulley. From what I can see the car runs two drive belts. One for the ancilliaries a and the other for the blower.

The header pipe poking out on the passengers side suggests some diificult engineering was involved in the fit.

Looks like a very aggressive installation. It is a standard M90 off a L67 GM motor. Top pulley looks like a standard 3.8 inch. Unless it has a larger crank pulley the maximum boost attainable would only be about 4 psi.

Last edited by a moderator:
yep i'm the owner of this beast any questions i happy to answer and no it hasn't been dynoed yet or certe, will be happening at start first month of 05, going to japan for a week,need extra $.
pulley is set to run around 6-7psi there is only one belt no aircon
its running a water to air disigned by me, we are running the lexus trans and we have wired it up making our own changing system so its now a manaul changer,we hope to connect this up to a late model celica steering wheel thats fitted to change gears on the steering wheel.

hi
no i did not have to modify the steering, i just had to make the exhaust headers go around the steering arm, its easy , the sump is the problem, if do the conversion make sure you get a 1uzfe with the sump mounted in the front, mine was in the middle and this caused problems,i fixed it and then i found out that there was a front sump model, it was too late to swap, job was done, if you want the motor lower, i did i had to cut and modify and weld the alluminum part of the sump, this causes the sump to bend like a banna after welding, this was the hardest part of the conversion!
car has just been base tuned today and we tuned the blower on and had 7.8 psi going into the motor, it was very fast, but the standard injectors said no way, they were at maximim duty cycle at 5000 rpm, so i have just done a mission and got some 7mgte injectors so they will go in tommorrow, we will re tune car and then she goes on the dyno day after and final tune done, so hopfully i have a power figure from her! can't wait
ewan

no problems yet but i have two themo funs and one is not pumping enough so i must replace it! car has got new injectors today and there is a lot more power
the 7mgte injectors fitted straight in with no problems! tomorrow is dyno time!

i don't know, we are having summer, temparture around 22 degrees
supra went on dyno we had problems under boast pressure every time we got to 5,000rpm onwards we had detonation problems, they ajusted fuel or ignition and it was still there, air intake temp good 40-56 degrees, for me to run supacharger at 8 psi i have to decrease compression ratio, so we tuned it anyway with the bypass valve open, this still created 2 psi, but we had a good tune, the guy who was tuning it has done a few of these motors, they have a lot of restiction in the cams the power drops off after 5,000rpm, we can remove cams and grind, this lets the power continue to 8,000rpm happy, i have to decide when i should do these modifications
we had a happy 180kw's at the wheels

You must make sure that you give the motor enough fuel after 5000 rpm. We had the same problem on a turbo motor and it was the amount of fuel that was the problem.
When you alter the cams see if you can get stiffer valve springs to help with the higher rpm. I had the problem with a chevy that the power drops at 6000, just by changing the valve springs it makes power to 7200.