Steering rattles

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
N

nforcr

I have an '89 Celsior VIP with air suspension and 19" rims. The car is very nice to drive on the highway but as soon as I hit a pot hole or large corrugation, the steering seems to shudder and shake all over the place. Do you think it could be the rack or simply that these cars were never designed for larger wheels??

are we talking like a continuous wobble or just a quick shake?
Do the Celsiors use a steering rack or recirculating ball steering?

My crown uses recirc ball and i have a continuous wobble problem which starts when i run one wheel over a bump with the steering centred. I have so far isolated the problem down to wheel bearings (replaced), a little play in the steering box and a worn idler arm. Further testing and replacement will help eliminate the rest.

I would start by jacking the front of the car up and get your mate to hold the steering wheel. grab the tyre at the top and bottom and jiggle it - if it has movement then you are looking at wheel bearings.
Now jiggle the wheel left and right - if you ahve movement there its something to do with steering components, and unless you are relatively skilled i would leave that to a professional.