State of the Union address?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jibbby

Curious as to what you guys think of todays State of the Union address made by George W. Bush... I am listening in and Mr. Bush is saying all the right stuff, just wondering if these words he speaks will come to pass...

Topics -

- Cracking down on immigration - Strengthing the crack down on hiring illegals within the legal work force...Giving the tools to employers to screen better and verify citizenship...Cut down on drug trafficing..Etc..

- Reduction in fosel fuel use, continued use of alternative safer fueling...Solar, wind, and safer Nuke fueling...
Also plans to implement a %20 reduction in oil use here in the US within the next 3 years...Lessen the dependancy on foreign fuel over the next three years, which insures better stability within our economy.....Etc...

- Securing Bagdad and the commitment to not fail this war in Iraq..Continuing the fight against terrrorism until the job is done..

- Social Security to remain in good standing for many years to come..Cost effective means to health care to all US citizens. Emphesis on education..Two parties (Democrats and Replublicans) coming together to reduce government spending...

These are some of the topics that I picked up from this speech as I am typing....

Any thoughts on our President and his carefully prepared speech and plans?

I didn't see it but it sounds like hes talking smart.. all I know is I really would rather have him as our President than Hillary C...

Businesses don't need tools to screen for illegal workers. The problem is that they LIKE cheap illegal workers. Keyword is 'cheap'.

Most of the stuff he says is just rhetoric. Bush's administration has done little to nothing to reduce oil dependancy, or waste. Our primary and secondary education is laughable, and so are politicians claimed intentions to improve it.

Logic says the occupation of Iraq has nothing to do with terrorism OR liberation. They did not attack us, and there were many other countries that are much more opressed and more in need of liberation. http://riverbendblog.blogspot.com/
All we did is stir up the pot and create an environment for violent civil war.
Why..? There's lots of theories...

Bush's government is frequently attempting to erode our bill of rights, that the country was founded on.. example:
http://baltimorechronicle.com/2007/011907Parry.shtml

Most people are too content to be fed BS or just ignore whats happening to do anything. :unitedstates: America is great but it's in a sad state.

In regards to this war in Iraq which is mainly responsible for Bush's bad PR... -

Well our Twin towers were taken out by terrorists right?...The fight against terrorism is all over the middle east. Afgan. is where it all started with the hunt for Bin Laden, and then it spilled over to Iraq...Look at the Iraqi extremists just continuing to blow themselves up to take out the enemy (Westerners) so they can go on to Heaven in the name of Ala.....That is terrorism and how it is contunuing to be bred...

I do think the fall out with SR. Bush and Sadam in the past and Sadam's continued inability to comply with UN sanctions had alot to do with this war...On top of that Sadam's hanging is evidence that the man was a stone cold killer of mass porportions.. However, Sadam did keep the country running smoothly when it was clearly divided.... There are alot of factors to consider, and as lame as this sounds the war should not stop just in Iraq in my opinion... Iran is just as bad for harboring terrorism if not worse, and other middle eastern countries as well... Terrorist attacts will continue and in time and will most likely hit home again if these extremist are not delt with sooner rather then later...Whether it by Bush JR. or the next President this is a serious issue which needs to be addressed...Just ask Israel....Peace is really not an option for those terrorists..

I am not a big Bush supporter, but I must say our economy is stable, jobs are up, inflation is stable, interest rates are low, and I think Bush is doing his job fairly decent....Maybe not the best, but I am not so sure Clinton or any other Democratic or former Replublican president could of handled these unfortunate situations any better...

Diplomacy to avoid war probably is not achieveable when you are dealing with these terrorists that believe so strongly that we are all evil and should be elliminated...That is just crazy, imagine if they got nukes? Scary thought... As ugly as this war is and for all our young troops getting blasted I really hope and pray it is all for not...

I do think this war could have been managed better, no dought...

My two cents for what ever it is worth..

How do you know a politician is lying?

His lips are moving.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alot of Bush bashing going on as I can see.....

So he studders abit, slurs words, ruins foreign policies and affairs, etc.. To me he seems just like one of the guys who you can turn a wrench with and drink beer.. Leading a country is maybe not his cup of tea...Oh well, what can you do? It is what it is..

If I remember correctly, is it not true that President Bush has the lowest IQ level ever recorded out of any American President?...That explains the slurs, studdering, etc....

Come on guys give the guy a break, no?

Bush is delivering on the ethanol thing which will eventually impact on oil imports. I'm a grain grower (farmer) and corn prices are skyrocketing with ethanol demand. Makes me happy over here in Australia!.
Interestingly, our (Australian) government has delivered nothing on ethanol production with no plants being built, where as the U.S. builds a new ethanol plant every 10 days.
I like his idea of keeping to fuel money in the country (through using ethanol), instead of buying fuel from other unstable countries.

In regards to this war in Iraq which is mainly responsible for Bush's bad PR... -

Well our Twin towers were taken out by terrorists right?...The fight against terrorism is all over the middle east. Afgan. is where it all started with the hunt for Bin Laden, and then it spilled over to Iraq...Look at the Iraqi extremists just continuing to blow themselves up to take out the enemy (Westerners) so they can go on to Heaven in the name of Ala.....That is terrorism and how it is contunuing to be bred...

I do think the fall out with SR. Bush and Sadam in the past and Sadam's continued inability to comply with UN sanctions had alot to do with this war...On top of that Sadam's hanging is evidence that the man was a stone cold killer of mass porportions.. However, Sadam did keep the country running smoothly when it was clearly divided.... There are alot of factors to consider, and as lame as this sounds the war should not stop just in Iraq in my opinion... Iran is just as bad for harboring terrorism if not worse, and other middle eastern countries as well... Terrorist attacts will continue and in time and will most likely hit home again if these extremist are not delt with sooner rather then later...Whether it by Bush JR. or the next President this is a serious issue which needs to be addressed...Just ask Israel....Peace is really not an option for those terrorists..

I am not a big Bush supporter, but I must say our economy is stable, jobs are up, inflation is stable, interest rates are low, and I think Bush is doing his job fairly decent....Maybe not the best, but I am not so sure Clinton or any other Democratic or former Replublican president could of handled these unfortunate situations any better...

Diplomacy to avoid war probably is not achieveable when you are dealing with these terrorists that believe so strongly that we are all evil and should be elliminated...That is just crazy, imagine if they got nukes? Scary thought... As ugly as this war is and for all our young troops getting blasted I really hope and pray it is all for not...

I do think this war could have been managed better, no dought...

My two cents for what ever it is worth..

maybe you should google the shockumentary "loose change" and watch it.

you might read this afterwards and wonder what the hell you were talking about.

Pro, the ongoing 9-11 conspiracy theory...I watched a show on the Discovery channel that broke that theory apart...It's all crap....They break down every event in slow motion, the Pentagon crash, interview all witnesses, etc...It's all legit, but there are some slightly grey areas....

Still with big government you just never know. Like what's real and what's a lie....I would still like to think our Nations leaders are not responsible for secretely organizing this 9-11 incident... Slaughtering 5000 innocent people for some political agenda, no way...

I don't buy that...

Attachments

• 110-1006_IMG.JPG
    110-1006_IMG.JPG
    142.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 110-1013_IMG.JPG
    110-1013_IMG.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 110-1018_IMG.JPG
    110-1018_IMG.JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 110-1023_IMG.JPG
    110-1023_IMG.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 110-1029_IMG.JPG
    110-1029_IMG.JPG
    102.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 110-1033_IMG.JPG
    110-1033_IMG.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 11
I'll have to agree with Jibbby here, I think Bush is doing a fairly decent job for the tasks presented to him. Conspiracy theory, no way.

P.S. What you hear on CNN (which is ALWAYS pro democratic party) is quite bias information...

Bush is delivering on the ethanol thing which will eventually impact on oil imports. I'm a grain grower (farmer) and corn prices are skyrocketing with ethanol demand. Makes me happy over here in Australia!

I was under the impression that producing ethanol from corn is much too inefficient, compared to sugarcane like they use in Brazil.
In some cases there is a net loss of energy when producing ethanol from corn.

This is a V8 Forum and a fine one at that, but every blue moon anything goes in the General Discussions Section..:shock: .. I actually dislike politics too, so let's stick to the V8's, my bad........

On an engine note, it has been proven that corn does provide a net benefit of energy. There were some ethanol critics out there (mainly oil companies) that circulated some incorrect info. Sorghum (milo) is more efficient than corn from memory.