Parts SS 304 Stainless flanges for 1,2,3uz

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Brad Bedell

I hit minimum order again at the water jet and had to get 3 sets of flanges. I'm keeping one set for my turbo setup. The other two pair need homes.

Centers holes are 1.625". Otherwise, they are 3/8" SS304 materials.

Flanges are 80.00 each shipped to the US. I will sell them only in a pair.

-Brad

1uzflanges.jpg

Hi,

I plan on using 1.75" diameter tubing ... so are these flanges gasket matched or ?

I don't want to run into the situation where my head is ported, and then I find that my exhaust ports are larger then my flange holes.

Let me know, thanks!

They are pretty much gasket matched. I opted on the smaller 1.625 size, as most builders will want to port match their manifolds to the heads. It's far easier to grind away some material than add it back in.

-B

So I have to double check my math but

1.75-1.625 = 0.125

.065 wall x2 = 0.13

So the ID of 1.75" .065 wall is 1.62" correct?

So, if that's the case, these will fit pretty nicely

1.75" diameter tubing
ok... id/od?
what's the gauge/schedule = wall thickness?

you've asked an essentually non answerable question till u give more information.

fyi, brad is very well known for v6 mr2 swaps. not delt with him personally, but he has a good reputation on those forums.

As someone said, I thought tubing was always measured in OD, plus the math I have up there kind of implies OD, as it has a larger minus a smaller, with a wall thickness as well (0.065 wall).

With that in mind, and the 1.75" being an OD, is my math and logic correct?

ok... id/od?
what's the gauge/schedule = wall thickness?

you've asked an essentually non answerable question till u give more information.

fyi, brad is very well known for v6 mr2 swaps. not delt with him personally, but he has a good reputation on those forums.

Brad, are you also using 1.75" OD tubing?

If so, how does the ID of that tubing measure up to the ID of the holes cut for the exhaust ports? I will buy a set if this is going to work with my primary size tubing

I'm using schedule 10 stainless pipe for my turbo manifolds. In my opinion, there is simply no reason for the 1.75" tubing. 1.5" will support well over 1,000hp on a turbo v8.

Naturally aspirated, 1.625 is more than enough. Anything larger, you will kill tube velocity.

For 1.75" tube, I would hand bevel the flange so that the tube fits into it and you get a good fillet joint. Then, port match the inside to your head/tube.

-B

How much if you ground them out to 1.75" OD?

I understand what you are saying about the flow of the piping, but my goals are lofty :) and my turbo setup will flow well over enough airflow for 1000 hp