Speed limited? if so how to remove ... ??

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Hi guys,

This is my first post. I am about to pruchase a 1992/93 SC400 V8 for the express purpose of racing ....

I asume the factory ECU has some sort of electronic speed limiter in it. How do I go about eliminating this, and once done, should I still have the correct fuel, air and spark left to run the engine fast ... Also, does the rev limiter work in a similar fashion?

Cheers,

Theres not a speed limiter on mine. I just had it to 176mph on the dyno this weekend. Its a US model 92 SC400. Dynoed 189hp 208tq bone stock with 200,000 miles. (226/260 if you count the spikes on gear change)

5150, will you be keeping the auto gearbox or converting to a manual? The Unichip can't remove the speedcut on the auto V8 Soarer but it might work with a manual transmission (I'm trying find out for mine). I know some guys who have used the Apexi RSM series 1 to do this on their autos... you can search the ALSC forum to find more info - www.lexus.australia.as

Attachments

• IMG_1009.JPG
    IMG_1009.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_1010.JPG
    IMG_1010.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_1012.JPG
    IMG_1012.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_1016.JPG
    IMG_1016.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_1011.jpg
    IMG_1011.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 133
the ecu has a speed signal input to it

maybe u can reduce the number of pulses that go to it

i havnt had a reason to do it on my 1uz

but i do have afew devices that will do the job

Attachments

• Cam specs - small.jpg
    Cam specs - small.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 293
  • Dyno printout.jpg
    Dyno printout.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 206
I was looking to resolve the same issue.
After hearing that some of the guys have tried some aftermarket speedcut eliminators and that they have worked but effected the gear changes i hesitated ?
Then after reading many of comments by Americans claiming there cars have been way over the 180km speedcut limit, i started wondring ?
What if the American ECU was placed in my car, would the speedcut be removed ?
If it did, i would expect that the gear shifts would be perfect as it's the factory ECU !

My only ? is what eles is different between the two models that may cuase issues ?
Would our cars using digital dash, emv and air suspension have any effects or the differences between pollution gear on the different models cause issues ?

Regards

Stephen

Attachments

• thermo1.jpg
    thermo1.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 22
Morris,
Aparently the American model SC400's aren't speed limited ?
This unit is designed for US spec models would it work on *** variants ?

Regards

Stephen

You got me I really havent researched it myself I just stumbled across it. I can get my GS400 up to 159 and really have no desire to go faster so I havent really looked at the issue to hard.

In Georgia they want to lock you up if you do over 100 on the HWY, so I am very leary.

Here in Florida they will arrest you if you're doing 30+ over the posted limit!!!!! That's why I've only gotten my SC400 up to 125mph...what does that equate to in Kph? Something like 200 right?

6SPDSC4,
Well the max speed on our freeways is 110km/h.
100km/h= 58-60miles.
I have had mine sitting on the limiter ( 178km/h ) 3rd gear @ 5500-6000rpm.
Pretty smooth too, other than the annoying sound of the engine bouncing off the limiter !
Still want to see what it will get to !

Regards

Stephen