Specs / type of the 1UZ-FE Crank Trigger

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

MikeMan

Does anyone know what P/N / model / type of crank trigger the 1UZ-FE uses?

I have a good mate of mine who is an absolute genious at tuning the Nissan factory ECU playing with a VH41DE computer map to see if we can make it suitable for a 1UZ-FE for my Starion.

This would give me almost standalone tuning with capabilities in the Haltech E8 type range for factory ECU money. The ECU is good to 12,000RPM on a V8 with load sites every 500RPM I think, maybe even 250RPM sites (Some of the 4 Cyl ECU's are 250RPM I think)

If we can get it running that computer is good for over 800HP on a turbo 4L v8 with the right program on it, all Nissan ECU's have the capability to read a 3 bar absolute MAP sensor.

I will let everyone know how this works out.

will be hard to do using 1uz sensors

maybe try fitting nissan crank sensor to 1uz

nissan uses 4 wire crank sensor

power
earth
signal every 90 or 120 degrees 4 or 6 cyl
signal every 1 degree

the above signals are optical signals and im pretty sure are square pattern

the 1uz uses inductive signals

8 pulses on 2 wire sensor on crank

4 pulses on 2 wire sensor on each cam

it could work if u had all the stuff

but i its goin to cost too much there are much easier and less stressful ways

nissans vq45 engines run an airflow meter

how do u get a 3 bar map sensor out of it

do u mean it can just read that high

Been awhile since i looked at this but IIRC it is actually 12 pulses per revolution on the crank (1 pulse every 30 degrees), so 24 pulses per engine cycle. The TDC pulse (if you call it that) is 10*BTDC and the next is 20*ATDC and so on.

Each cam has 1 pulse per engine cycle, so one every 2 engine rotations. And again IIRC the right hand cam sensor pulse is at 15*BTDC of #1 and the left sensor is about 15*BTDC of #6 or the sensors may be the other way around.

Both Cam & Crank sensors are 2 wire reluctive type (magnetic pickup). Crank wheel is 12 tooth as MaxPower said below. Here's a C&P from the '95 LS400 NCF:

Hate to bump such an old thread, but can anyone verify the 15*BTDC #1 cylinder for the right side cam position sensor? Also, right side being passenger? I thought it was that side (G2 sensor), but I also thought it was at 5*BTDC. Thanks for any verification.

Last edited: