Somewhere to put that spare 1uz

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Hi Justen, Here you go sorry forgot you need to be a member, really a good forum lots of info, worth joining not just GT40 stuff, lots of how to discussions on all sorts of topics. The Yellow car shown has an aluminium chassis.

Regards
Lambo

edit pictures won,t show will try to figure out why.

Graeme - as you've probably noticed I've been preaching the DOHC gospel a bit there at gt40s.com ;-)

The purists don't like the idea of the Lexus motor in a GT40 replica, and that's OK, but it's a perfect choice for RCR's new SL series of cars.

Another way to post those pics is to link to them, so they stay hosted on that site. Let's see if some of these are successful:

attachment.jpg

I think it's great what Fran's done with the intake to get it ready for twin turbos.

attachment.jpg

RCR.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

The purists don't like the idea of the Lexus motor in a GT40 replica, and that's OK, but it's a perfect choice for RCR's new SL series of cars.

As goes for T70 replica's BTW

hahaha they'll know the reason when it's finnished.

Fran's done a brilliant job with this car. direct attack on Ultima's GTR the DDR and the latest Saker incarnation.

Grtz Thomas

Graeme - as you've probably noticed I've been preaching the DOHC gospel a bit there at gt40s.com ;-)

Another way to post those pics is to link to them, so they stay hosted on that site. Let's see if some of these are successful:

attachment.jpg

That only works if we are registered on that site as well. Not all sites require registration, but the one you referenced does :) If I had a dollar for every site I had to register for...

Thanks John for doing that, i don't know why they would not post, but i did get a Lextreme database error when i tried to remove the posted pics, you are right about the purists, but that is their choice, i can't wait to see the road tests of frans new baby and what it goes like, is there any info yet on what turbos, compression, ecu and the like, it certainly is very easy on the eye with that 1uz in there.

Best regards
Graeme

Sorry - apparently only those of us who are registered on the gt40s.com site can see the linked pics. I've downloaded & resized them, and this time am trying to post them on the Lextreme server. Let's see if they work this time - hopefully Fran won't be too put out at seeing his car plastered all over the web ;-)

For more details of the RCR Superlite Coupe: http://www.superlitecars.com/coupe_spec.html

Fran is also building an open frame roadster version (think an Atom on steroids at half the price): http://www.superlitecars.com/roadster_images.html

And his main website with all versions of the GT40, a P4, and even a 917: http://race-car-replicas.com/

Thanks john all good, i don't think Fran will mind at least it shows what he is building to people outside the GT40 forum and whats even better it has a 1uz in it lol, i would love to put a 1uz in that superlight that would take your breath away.

Regards
Graeme

i would love to put a 1uz in that superlight that would take your breath away.

Regards
Graeme

that is exactly what i was thinking. add twin turbos and you'd make people sh*# themselves lol

Attachments

• cosworth DFX.jpg
    cosworth DFX.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 9
that is exactly what i was thinking. add twin turbos and you'd make people sh*# themselves lol

Actually the 1UZ in that SL coupe is being setup for TT's - that's why Fran modified the intake & put the dual TB's on it. I've been pestering him to finish the piping so he can really show it off (not to mention firing it up and testing it out) but the guy is understandably a bit busy ;-)

mmm that would be nice. those kits look much better than the sakers built in nz. when he's done get him to repeat it on the roadster that looks like an ariel atom. amagine the looks youd get on the road, with two turbos and a v8 all exposed! awesome. :)

LOL @ Erol and Justin,
I'm just glad Vivian has her own wallet! thinking about it, she should also be paying for my kitcars because she also enjoy's taking them to le-mans NEVER GONNA HAPPEN

I stick with my point of vieuw on the Atom clone, you cannot beat the original by styling and certainly not by performance. I've chased a good few on track in the Sylva striker, which has a very good race pedigree for itself but man them Ariel's are quick, should ad that they ran honda K20's and me a 1.6 20v

@ Justin, just do it once~! building your own car, the feeling of driving through the streets the first time is uncomparrable, expecially if you can get al the neighbours out by making some decent motoring NOISE! they will then finnaly understand and accept all the noise you made building it.

doubt if you could get a car with an exposed V8 twin turbo registered though, the UK SVA agent would not be to happy with it. Ariel went through hell on their semi exposed engine compartment but got the license plates in the end. I would do a topmount M112 then Mad-Max style.

Grtz Thomas

I think Fran might even be considering changing a few tubes, putting some bodywork on it, and making it look like one of the 60's F1 cars......

Mmmm a Lotus 49 replica would be nice. The 1UZ even looks a bit like the Cosworth:

Lotus%2001.JPG

Now how to make one of these puppies road legal?

doubt if you could get a car with an exposed V8 twin turbo registered though, the UK SVA agent would not be to happy with it.

you would in nz... guys build t-buckets every day with fully exposed engines, and my car will be road legal with no bonnet. as long as there isnt any sharp edges or exposed belts, and the exhaust noise is below a certain level, there isnt much that will be denied registration. :D :D
the only 'car' iv heard being denied is this guy...
http://www.stiatv.co.nz/
i think its registered as a 'tractor' though, so it can be driven on the road in limited amounts.

This is freaking nice....

So erm, is there any more info yet? How is the chassis going to hold up against something like a Ultima...... what is the build quality like? Many many questions.....

Benji, Fran has started a specialty forum just for the SL coupe and roadster here: http://superlitecars.com/phpBB2/ Join and ask away!

I do think some folks have lost the plot with the roadster in particular, as there have been some discussions about putting 5.7 litre and even bigger motors in it....

This car is going to be so light that anything over 250 HP is going to be a waste. Matter of fact, I'd bet a high winding 4 cylinder, or V6 would be just the trick.

Keep it small and light, with a reasonably sized all aluminum 4 or six banger, and it'll stick like glue and go like a go-kart.

The temptation to put a rediculously large engine in the roadster is there but in all honesty, erm, to me it just screams Hayabusa or a straight GSXR1000 engine.

Get that damn thing as light as possible and a motorbike engine would be just the ticket, compact as well.

I had a look at the forum but last I check it wasn't exactly busy :D

If I joined it would just be me and you really ;)