Some will love, some will hate... LS1 in a GS

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

JBrady

This guy is going chevy power for his Lexus. This has been the subject of several discussions so it is interesting to see it happen. Next steps will be upgrades, turbos, supercharger and cubes.

3541627870_a2d4b73955.jpg

3541625432_201e1027d6.jpg

3541626170_2a1435bbcc.jpg

3632328467_318fbb0173.jpg

Nice, look forward to seeing it done. I hope it is a keeper, as he will never get the money back out of it if he later wants to sell it. I dont' see the point either, Justen. I think I would just buy a Vette, mod that and be done with it.

Ryan

Nice, look forward to seeing it done. I hope it is a keeper, as he will never get the money back out of it if he later wants to sell it. I dont' see the point either, Justen. I think I would just buy a Vette, mod that and be done with it.

Ryan

Sounds like the words of experience ;)

Modding the Vette and "be done with it" is no easy task. Check out www.corvetteforum.com and you will see the same disease we all have.

With 6 bolt mains, stout aftermarket rotating assemblies, the heavy duty iron block LSX with 6 head bolt provisions... the ability to build a 7+ liter seriously strong engine in the above pictured footprint is enticing.

In this insane world we live in with 1000whp vehicles becoming more and more common the drive to build ever more powerful chariots seems unstoppable. Of course anyone with money can order one up, it is the rare individual that can actually DRIVE one of these beasts anywhere near its potential.

Here is a nice looking Z06 Corvette running "strong"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY6BnKsWSAw

Attachments

• 03102007593-small.jpg
    03102007593-small.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 13112007005-small.jpg
    13112007005-small.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 49
  • 13112007004-small.jpg
    13112007004-small.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 49
  • 09082008643-small.jpg
    09082008643-small.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 49
  • 09082008644-small.jpg
    09082008644-small.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 49
  • 09082008645-small.jpg
    09082008645-small.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 50

Modding the Vette and "be done with it" is no easy task. Check out www.corvetteforum.com and you will see the same disease we all have.

With 6 bolt mains, stout aftermarket rotating assemblies, the heavy duty iron block LSX with 6 head bolt provisions... the ability to build a 7+ liter seriously strong engine in the above pictured footprint is enticing.

In this insane world we live in with 1000whp vehicles becoming more and more common the drive to build ever more powerful chariots seems unstoppable. Of course anyone with money can order one up, it is the rare individual that can actually DRIVE one of these beasts anywhere near its potential.

LOL you got that right...there was a LS3 (7 litre?) stuffed into a local Commodore at the last track day. 400+rwkw and a weapon in a straight line....not even remotely close to my laps times ;)

LOL you got that right...there was a LS3 (7 litre?) stuffed into a local Commodore at the last track day. 400+rwkw and a weapon in a straight line....not even remotely close to my laps times ;)

Justen, your 1UZFE-TT is an incredible example of proper "modding".

That said the LSx series is lighter, more compact and displaces more. Not as refined as the Lexus/Toyota and only 2 valves, one cam, pushrods and rockers... but it has giant aftermarket support.

The LS1 is a 5.65 liter/346cid engine rated at 345-350hp and has been known to make well over 300rwhp/224rwkW bone stock.

The LS2 is a 6.00 liter/366cid engine rated at 400hp and has been known to make well over 340rwhp/254rwkW bone stock.

The LS3 is a 6.20 liter/378cid engine rated at 436hp and has been known to make well over 380rwhp/284rwkW bone stock.

The LS7 is a 7.00liter/427cid engine rated at 505hp and has been known to make well over 450rwhp/336rwkW bone stock.

All of the above engines jump considerably in power with heads, cam and bolt ons. There are LS1s making 500rwhp naturally aspirated.

Pushrod be damned... great engine.

Yeah sorry, it was a LS7...and reasonably well worked over apparently.

It's hard to argue with displacement and aftermarket support and now these things are all alloy with half decent EFI setups they do make alot of sense for many conversions.

If i started my GT8 proj now i'd probably go with a boosted LS engine....and wear alot of **** from my mates :)

You're right there, John. Lots of experience on this project....I certainly did not mean to infer that modding the Vette would be easy, nor inexpensive; just that it would be easier and less expensive than swapping it into the Lexus. That said, I agree with you....The LSX poweerplant is m,ost definitely a formidable powereplant....And to have that much NA power is phenomenal, plus the fuel economy with "normal" driving is incredible.

I would not mod another 400, but I wil be glad to have the one I have been building, that is assuming it all works properly at the completion of the build. I do like the uniqueness of having a high HP/TQ V8 1UZFE, but next time it is a Porsche Carrera with an upgraded turbo. Or, perhaps an Audi R8, with the factory Supercharger bolted on with some tweaked tuning....

Ryan

Damn that GS is going to sound mean. If you know the LSX engines then it's a good idea to just stick with em and put one in something that you really like. A lot of swaps come from the idea that you have a hot rod engine sitting around and you just want to put it in something that you really like to drive. He probably got the car and the engine cheap and figured on making something fun. That car is strictly for fun so more power to him!

If talking about sound between the LS and the open exhaust of the 1UZ, I think I like the 1UZ better. The LS stock is quiet, but when it's opened up, it just sounds like a typical American hot rod. Of course, it's better than the Mustang. The Mustang has too many hic cups between the pulses. On the 1UZ with opened exhaust, it's much deeper but has enough roaring to be mean if you rev it up. The best time is when it's first started.