Soarer - Error Codes 13, 31, 51 Help Please

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

adarmo

Hi,

I've just bought a cheap Soarer '92 V8 and it has a few problems.

It wouldn't rev above 4k but I found that the shielded twin wire going to what I presume is the cam sensor (below and inboard of the dizzy) had been damaged and the sheilding was touching the wire, I've fixed this and it now revs when warm but I still have the error codes and a misfire when driving it hard.

When cold for the first 5 mins I have to be REALLY gentle and it won't rev above around 1500rpm.

It sometimes rumbles like a badly balanced wheel - (comes and goes)
The "TRC Off" light stays on

I have checked for codes and found

EFI - 13 and 31
TRC - 51

13 - I think that means that the there is no NE (No.2) signal - but what does that mean ?

31 - I think that means its gone into fail safe (hence not revving, due to No. 13)

51 - I think is Pump motor is locked (ABS I presume) open in pump ground.

BUT I can't see the ABS light is on - not that I've noticed it at all.

Other question is most info I find is for the LS400 - apart from the sump and a few ECU wires I presume the 1UZ engine is the same as in the Soarer ?

Thanks

Mark

I got the error code 'meaning' off a Soarer site but I notice that the Error codes given on this site (for an LS400) are totally different.

13 - rpm circuit no.2 (does this means the left hand cam sensor ?)
31 - Airflow meter
51 - Switch condition (what does that mean ?)

I'm getting a bit confused here.

Had a bit of progress today.

So I started with the basics and checked plugs (4 new, 4 old) and found the rotor arms are in a shocking state (I cleaned them up but will get new ones)

I 'tested' both cam sensors and they both are giving an output.

I then tried disconnecting the drivers cam sensor - NO misfire.

Reconnected it - Misfire

Disconnected passenger - NO misfire but it isn't as 'clean' as when we run on just the passenger side.

So I presume the problem is that the cam sensors are sending conflicting information.

Anyone know how to properly test them ?

Thanks

Spot on !

It was a tooth out.

How on earth does it jump a tooth with all that belt wrap ?

Thanks

every 1uz ive had to fix with code 13 its always been a jumped tooth
luckily i made a tool so i can fix it without ripping every thing out and only takes 15 to 20 mins
never seen a faulty sensor
air flow can be faulty if u have code 31 but leave htis till everything else is fixed as they are rare as these days

code 51 has to do with start signal to ecu and or air con
there is a way to not get code 51 to come up but i would not worry bout code 51
it will never mean somehting is wrong

hows the tool work???

every 1uz ive had to fix with code 13 its always been a jumped tooth
luckily i made a tool so i can fix it without ripping every thing out and only takes 15 to 20 mins
never seen a faulty sensor
air flow can be faulty if u have code 31 but leave htis till everything else is fixed as they are rare as these days

code 51 has to do with start signal to ecu and or air con
there is a way to not get code 51 to come up but i would not worry bout code 51
it will never mean somehting is wrong

Hey man I think I have this same problem how does your tool work for fixing timing??? Help would be great

Haha probably!
im getting efi code 13 but trying to check timing marks, my belts marks are non existent but just the position of the left cam wheel (passenger side) makes me think its a tooth out!

Last edited: