So my motor caught fire... anyone got plastic cover?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

4000GT

After having my alternator rebuilt half a dozen times by a reputable shop that really had no idea as it turns out. So it shorted, started a fire, luckily I was working on the suspension when I got home and noticed it soon, and have an extinguisher in the car. So only about 1k worth of damage in parts. Going to see them tomorrow... alt gone, PS pump gone, cover gone, timing and fan belt gone, PS hose gone...

So I need the plastic cover on the RHS (alternator side) of the front of the motor that covers the timing belt and sits below the cover that goes over the distributor. Is anyone is NZ wrecking a motor with that piece? need one ASAP as I want this back on the road!

Thanks...

a brand new alternator would have been cheaper. I had a motor missing an alternator and got a 3uz one - it fitted well , only difference was an extra bracket which doesn't get in the way - cheers. I will check tomorrow - cheers

I carry a little fire extinguisher in my trunk too...You just never know when a fuel leak pops up or a cross of electrical wires happen somewhere..Or short...

Better safe then sorry... I've been in a car years ago when the engine caught fire on the freeway and there was nothing we could do....It was my friends MR2 that caught fire (it's a little older piece of crap sports car)...We had no fire extinguisher on board and just sat and watched the car burn to the ground from a distance...A sad day for my friend...

Hello Andrew - I have a cover that I can split out of a set but it is a bit untidy as something has fallen onto it and it might not be nice enough for your car. I will get someone to send picture of it to you tomorrow - cheers

Does anyone have an underbody plastic cover they want to sell me? I thought I would throw that out there...The dealer wants $300 for a crappy little underbody cover... I would rather try and make one first by hand and eye before I spend $300...