Single Sequential Twin Turbo (SSTT)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Bad things happen with different turbo size. Not recommended. JBrady suggested a single turbo setup with Small Turbine, Small A/R and Large Compressor.

how about just wait for some new technology to filter into the aftermarket manufacturers catalogues...

how about keeping it single turbo but instead of using a normal turbo, why not use a twin scroll turbo???

"what's a twin scroll turbo" you ask? take a look at the replacement for the liberty/legacy B4 twin turbo.... Subaru realised that their twin turbo design on the ej20/25 was flawed.. so they set their geeks about designing a new turbo system that could replace the TT setup they had....

well, that's what the subaru tech guy told me at the sydney motor show/subaru dealer. The new B4.. or liberty GT as they renamed it uses a twin scroll turbo... basically, 2 turbos in one....

it has 2 impeller blades... with 2 stages of spooling/boosting.... i have no idea on how it works.. but i gather it just has 2 stages controlled by actuators/gates...

im gonna do more research now, hehe...

Twin scroll or split housing?
Mitsubishi also has twin scroll I think on the evolution series
(I havnt researched anything about them)

Has anyone here considered using a VATN turbo?
Or just bypassed the idea due to the physical size of the turbo and lack of aftermarket support/R&D?

Just another thought

Logan

hmmm, doing alittle more research.. i dont think the subie tech knew much about the actual turbo's.... the definition of "twin scroll" i got from all my searches refered to seperate exhaust passages leading into the compressor.....

meh.... why am i not surprised... stupid subaru....

yeah i would think it is... except that subaru is making a song and dance about how good it is, hehe...

i guess the same way ford made a song and dance about the coil on plug setup they have on their new BA's... only thing is, nissan and other's have been doing that since the 80's

yes, all 2nd gen mr2 turbos come with a "twin entry turbo" as toyota calls it. It says twin entry turbo on the motor, which confuses idiots who market the car as twin turbo on ebay and used car lots..

just a thought but could the traction control butterfly on the 1uz's throtle body be utilised as a method of preventing back presure into the primary (small) turbo if it was machined off and relocated to where ever necessary. may possably even need 2 of them. this would allow some electronic control of switch over point from primary to secondary turbos on the inlet side of the engine. with the right controls it could probably be made progresive to increse smoothness.

just a thought

V8 Hilux