single or twin

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

dean

OK lextreme readers. this build was ment to be completed before Christmas but i keep changing my mind about stuff now this is the latest development. twin turbo ( t3t4) or single garret thing i have, here are the turbo details of each.

Garret monster.=
inlet turbine 55mm
outlet turbine 60 mm
compressor inlet size =90 mm
hot side outlet 90mm
internal waste gate unknown setting, no shaft play, has been balance checked.
compressor housing markings garrett ec-1 M67 scania ( did come off a truck)
no a/r no trim
hot side markings= M3 a/r1-18

t3t4 turbos
ebay
2.5'' inlet
2.5'' outlet.

50 a/r compressor

.63 a/r turbine

.57 trim

so some one give me the answer. because i cant

.63 A.R on a 4.0 is the size for twins...
Not alot of info ?? Trim would spool early ..
There's no wheel sizes ..
I guess they would be around 58 to 62mm ??
GENERALLY twins give you quick low end response.. Then choke in upper rpm..

This depends on size and combination..

A single generally has good mid to upper rpm power...
BUT alot has to do with compression etc..
A big turbo on a high compression [low comp is worse] could be some what spongy at low rpm due to turbo threshold.. But it may not sound as bad as you initially think !!!
You can still drive as a daily driver and NOT bring too much boost on with your right foot.. Then have all the power you want from 1/3 throttle onwards...
It's more time than rpm to bring on turbo which is called threshold..
Not as noticeable on automatics due to converter always applying load on engine..
Lag is when you are driving on boost take your foot off .. Then back on.. The time to come back on boost is lag...
It's the size of the wheels on the Scania turbo to know if it's efficient..
Diesel engines generally run at 20Lb plus..
By measuring the turbine housing you can roughly work out AR...
arhousing.jpg

thanks for that ill post up pictures of this scania thing i got, and ill try work it out. im leaning towards the big single because its a garret and them t3t4s are not branded and not keen on one spinning off a compressor nut or something like that. and its going to be easier making a single turbo manifold as its in a hilux engine bay and not alot of room. i guess you dont know untill its on.

depending on wheel size that rear housing will be too big if its a 1.18 and it will take forever too spool up. trucks usually have a bigger A/R than ur standard car turbo's.

i'd be going for the twins as well. as xr6tt said .6 rears, what size are the twins and what power do u want?

Check Precision SC61's I had two of these on a 5Ltr Ford...
Keep the exhaust trim around 56 and it should spool fine..
I used them due to very little room...

We did one with twin TD04 off WRXs and it went nuts. 247RWkw on 8psi. My own vehicle is a surf with a single TD07 and it makes 250rwkw on 10psi. The twins where far more responsive , made my truck feel like a slug. Single is far easier to do but I think either keep it smaller or put some cams in it. Cheers

ok photos and dimensions coming up. looks like im gonna have to go twins. even though there not brand name.

OK lextreme readers. this build was ment to be completed before Christmas but i keep changing my mind about stuff now this is the latest development. twin turbo ( t3t4) or single garret thing i have, here are the turbo details of each.

Garret monster.=
inlet turbine 55mm
outlet turbine 60 mm
compressor inlet size =90 mm
hot side outlet 90mm
internal waste gate unknown setting, no shaft play, has been balance checked.
compressor housing markings garrett ec-1 M67 scania ( did come off a truck)
no a/r no trim
hot side markings= M3 a/r1-18

t3t4 turbos
ebay
2.5'' inlet
2.5'' outlet.

50 a/r compressor

.63 a/r turbine

.57 trim

so some one give me the answer. because i cant

what fuel and power goal ?

twin precision billet 6265's would be nice
they are CHEAPER than the cast wheel version ( on my precision WD list anyway)

( 62mm comp , 65mm turbines , t3 or t4 available, up to .82a/r in t3, and .96 in t4)

think im going the twins just keep the oil up to these turbos and check balance every few thousand km's and save up for garrets or what not. just keeping boost low at about 7 pounds roughly and premium fuel. just see what power it punches. whats the compression rate required for boosted 1uz's??

Hmmmm I'm just struggling with the same question. I was reading a build thread with a guy running an HX52 single....

What size single would you guys recommend? If I was to go double I'd probably go TD05's as I have a couple in my shed from my old subaru days.

mate i didnt even go through with it, for a hilux its an absolute impossible ordeal without massive $$$ being spent. equip your beast with a v2 vortech cheaper, instant boost. and no hassels :) wont regret it.