Single CT26 on 1uz

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

vn1uz

i was up at autopro earlyer today and i thought id ask about forged pistons as i know areis and i thought ACl made them for these engines which he couldnt help me with
the bloke up there was telling me he had built a turbo 1uz that made 340Kw at the wheels with just one shitty CT26 in a soarer but the car is in queensland now
he said it made boost from idel. and he said i wouldnt need any where near 15psi to make my goal of 300 - 350 rwkw
i think he is a bit of a wally would a single ct26 even hiflowed be able to provide this much power ??

What a load of sh1t tell him to get his hand off it.
Forget about psi, its airflow that makes the numbers. Even a hiflowed ct26 just does not have the flow capacity to make those numbers.
Next time you see him ask to see the dyno sheet. I bet he cant produce it.
Would have made power from idle alright but ran out of puff at 3000rpm, and wouldn't the wastegate have had a tough time of it. Dont get me wrong I thingk the CT26 is a nice little turbo but way too small for a single application on a 4 liter engine, try 2 of em. when referencing factory turbos always look at the original application to get an idea of airflow potential.
The largest capacity engine to use the ct26 was the 7mgte, at 3litres.
There is a fellow who used to run "twin" ct26's on this forum but he rarely visits anymore and his combination was producing around the 300rwkw mark with a very well rounded package.
Cheers

thats exactly what i was thinking
it was pritty funny that when i asked about the car it is now more than 2000km's away
he was talking him self up
craping on about the auto being stock with no shift kit even
and all this other crap.
he also told me that 2 VG30det turbos from the single turbo one would be to to laggy ect
i was just asking about pistons and ended up getting all this **** told to me by some **** wit that dosnt really know whats going on
ahh well
i guess thats why he works at autopro and not a preformance workshop

A hi-flo'd ct26 can easily produce 1.2bar on a 7mgte.
So it should be able to produce a good 0.8bar on a 1uzfe.

1uz will produce about 250rwkw on 6psi with appropriate tuning, cooler, intake, and exhuast.

I don't think 340rwkw at 12psi is much of an ask.

Providing the owner spent the $$ on the breathing and tuning it seems quite probable.

Nope no way,
The most power producing CT26 hiflows use a T04b Vtrim compressor wheel and a sierra turbine wheel so they can be safely boosted above 1bar. Garrett rate the T04b Vtrim wheel at 450hp or 335kw, (35lbs per minute @1bar and 71% efficiency) To make 340rwkw at 12psi you need to be pushing approx 60lbs + per minute, way out of the capability of the T04 Vtrim. I personally have witnessed 250rwkw at 16psi with this combination but no more. I have been told of 270rwkw being achieved but without proof.
So 340rwkw at 12psi from this turbo even if indeed a hiflow, probable, no.
Below is the compressor map of a T04b Vtrim from Garrett, take a look!

well he started to tell me the motor was stock untill i had asked about copper head gaskets ect then the motor had them aswell
i think he is just full of **** and had a wet dream one night about a 1uz
lucky there are quite a few members on the forum that know these motors inside and out.
thanks for your opinions
i wont bother talking to him again i got stuck there for over 1/2 hours just nodding my head and say yep
didnt want to tell him he was dreaming
it also had stock injectors

Peewee said:
A hi-flo'd ct26 can easily produce 1.2bar on a 7mgte.
So it should be able to produce a good 0.8bar on a 1uzfe.

1uz will produce about 250rwkw on 6psi with appropriate tuning, cooler, intake, and exhuast.

I don't think 340rwkw at 12psi is much of an ask.

Providing the owner spent the $$ on the breathing and tuning it seems quite probable.
yeh a 1uz will produce 250rwkw at 6psi...but using what turbo? 6psi from a CT26 is very different to 6psi from a GT42R for example. Its all about cfm not psi

Anyway, for 300rwkw on a Soarer you need a pair of the CT26's...one isnt gonna cut it on a 1uzfe

A Site like this need a Peewee.

Your knowledge of Toyota products astounds me.

I'm not sure I would want the knowledge but boy is it usefull.

I think Peewee knows how to use "the force."
Peewee I am your father, you must use the force for good and use your knowledge to find a coil on plug suitable for the 1UZ-FE.
Arggh, think I better go have another beer!
Cheers
tRev

well said peewee, i know thats the whole reason i return here for help...no clear tailight, big exhaust, sticker junkies seem to be here. its just all about the facts... letting you all know how much i appreicate all of your insight.
JC