Shifting problems and car shake

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

UZZ32 654

:feedback: Hey guys I'm new to all this stuff but I have a couple of problems with my active V8
1. when trans is cold it shifts great when it gets to operating temp it all goes **** I mainly have to shift manualy because the trans will shift from 1st to top bogging down it has a stage 2 shift kit.

2. at times at all speeds the whole car gets the shakes making the ride unbearable and having to stop the car and let the suspension settle

hope some can help Robert

Start with the basics, good clean auto fluid [genuine toyota type 4] at the correct level, kick down cable correctly adjusted [about 1mm of metal cable crimp exposed] and go from there, but as for the shaking, that sounds like something is realy wrong.

Almost sounds like your motor and or tranny mounts maybe bad also look into inspecting and balancing your drive shaft. Does it shake and vibrate when you shift manual? How many miles on it?

V8superlux said:
Start with the basics, good clean auto fluid [genuine toyota type 4] at the correct level, kick down cable correctly adjusted [about 1mm of metal cable crimp exposed] and go from there, but as for the shaking, that sounds like something is realy wrong.
Thanks I've purchased some genuine type 4 and will do the change

the shakes come from the active susspension

uzz32pete said:
You may have a faulty solenoid in the trans. Mine did the same thing. 2nd hand solenoid and all fixed. MV Automatics in Adelaide fixed mine no sweat.
Yea Pete I thought that too have had my car to MV B4 and fixed it when I got stage 2 shift kit but come back again, but using Dextron

jibby said:
Almost sounds like your motor and or tranny mounts maybe bad also look into inspecting and balancing your drive shaft. Does it shake and vibrate when you shift manual? How many miles on it?
have not checked the mounts out and does not vibrate shifting manual, 104.000 klm on clock