shifting down gear while braking!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

shikra

its a weird malfunction that i have never experienced before, when ever i press the brake pedal the transmission shift down a gear and Reverse gear indicator on cluster also blinks when i hit the brakes. Lets say, if i am doing 60mph on highway, the engine rpms are about 2200 and if i hit my brake suddenly it shift downs and the rpms jump up to 3500+. Its drivin me nuts. no check engine or warning light on either.
thnx for help fellaws....

its a weird malfunction that i have never experienced before, when ever i press the brake pedal the transmission shift down a gear and Reverse gear indicator on cluster also blinks when i hit the brakes. Lets say, if i am doing 60mph on highway, the engine rpms are about 2200 and if i hit my brake suddenly it shift downs and the rpms jump up to 3500+. Its drivin me nuts. no check engine or warning light on either.
thnx for help fellaws....

ANY ONE ............. say sumthing before i burn it down to ashes.

Now it isn't shifting up any gear just drives in first, but if i turn the engine of and start it again it runs fine again. Lights on the instrument panel, climate control and audio controls turn of when i press the break pedal. Still that reverse light comes on the cluster. I took it to dealer today for a quick diagnose and it was just fine there,so the tech thought i was crazy and there is nothing wrong with it, on my way home it started malfunctioning again.

Shikra,

My Dad has similar issues (Brakes-something dashboard blinks, tailight malfunctions).

I thought initially it was the famous 'trunk wire' short, but, to my surprise the wires were intact.

My only thoughts are that there's a bad ground or short due to a past accident.

My Dad's LS had been in 2 accidents and I am sure that it was repaired expeditiously and carelessly (hint - wire harness just slapped back touching metal or something)

You're right - electrical issues are a worst nightmare.

Hope you can resolve it somehow.

Fixin the downshiftin'

I know EXACTLY what the problem is if it is the same problem like mine. When you hit the brakes, the car downshifts....My solution was looking at the trunk wires which deal with the brake lights. On the trunk arm, there is a wiring harness that runs up the trunk Latch" under a long plastic cover. When I removed this cover, the wires were exposed to see the problem. One wire was completely broken from where it should have been. I soldered this one wire together, and presto! The car was back to ruling the road once more.

Thanx for the tips felaws, i definately owe u guys sum beer & steak. In my case, it was the white wire with a black stripe on it. I inspected all other wires and fixed the whole problem all at once, nothing better to do on friday night i guess.