Sea Foam Motor Treatment?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

twisty_toy94

Well my V8 sh!t itself a couple weeks ago, which most likely started from when I cooked it late last year when the thermo fan blew a fuse while towing my zook out to Landcruiser Park.

Anyway, I picked up a new V8 this week from Scott at Venom and will be putting it in this weekend....I ran some injector cleaner through the last motor when I first got it running and am planning to do the same to the new one....

While on the Yotatech forum there was a thread about Seafoam Motor Treatment, which cleans injectors, can be sucked it through a vacum line to clean your valves, and can also be added to you oil to clean up in there. They all seem to give it the thumbs up on Yotatech! (and lots of other forums I've searched) But I've never seen it around here, so thought I'd check if you can get it in Oz, and what its like?

Yotatech Thread here.

Any feedback or advice would be great!!

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont know that using a relativly unknown substance in your engine is a good idea. atleast in the oiling system. fuel system would be ok i think, because there isnt much that can happen that is super bad to your fuel system that will destroy and engine. my two cents.

and btw, anything that smokes as much as the guy in the other thread said, is probly bad for your cat.

No need for "sea foam". That is just an old technicians trick. Seafoam invented nothing, if that is what they are claiming. A bottle of STP fuel injector cleaner for a few bucks will work if you cant find any water.

Oh, have the throttle open a good deal, and only dab a little into the manifold vaccum at a time. You will hear the engine stumble. Ported vaccum wont work.

No need for Seafoam?
^^^
Somebody has never looked at any internal engine parts before, nor flushed a crankcase on a used engine.

I love seafoam, I've spread it far across the Toyota/lexus internet sceen. It owns hardcore.

The crankcase flush is no better, nor worse than any other time tested crankcase flush. (Seafoam, Marvel Mystery Oil, Kerosene). It'll give a much smoother idle.
The intake is where it's at. Oh... My... God... At the carbon build-up in EGR Toyota engines. It's simply massive.

Before Seafoam:
Pistons.jpg
Engine-Heads.jpg

Attachments

• t1.jpg
    t1.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 3
  • t2.jpg
    t2.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 3
Somebody has never looked at any internal engine parts before, nor flushed a crankcase on a used engine.
Re read what I wrote. I said no need for that stuff, not, no need to clean an engine.

The intake is where it's at. Oh... My... God... At the carbon build-up in EGR Toyota engines. It's simply massive.
Which is why I said to clean the carbon.

Last edited by a moderator: