SC400 fuel pump not running

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

DJ420a

Is there a fuel cut off safety switch on the 92 SC400's? If there is, where is it?

Also, where would the fuel pump relay/fuse be on the car? I cant find anything labeled that leads me to think that its one of these two.

Just to let you guys in on the prob a little more. I got this car from a dealer that said it was abandoned, so I have no key or title. I am in the process of getting a title for it now. I dont really wanna pay the 70 bucks for the key if I cant get a title, so I took the switch off the back of the ignition.

The car will turn over and I can get it running on starter fluid in the intake. Could the fuel pump not be kicking on because of me not having a key? Could this be a security feature?

TIA
DJ

Hey DJ,

Email you back already. Your key should work without any problem. Perhaps u can loosen the fuel lines little bit (banjo joint) and crank the car and see if any gas coming out. If you see coming out then the pump is working. Make sure you dont smoke right next to it.

Secondly, check the spark plug to see if you are getting ignition or not.

David

Im def getting spark, I had it running on starting fluid.

I did confirm that pump is either not coming on or the pump is dead by taking the fuel filter off and turning the motor over. No fuel came from the feed side of where the filter was.....and I must say the fuel that was sitting in the lines was so old, it pretty much made my eyes water....WOW, lol.

...and thanks for the pass key!!

Fuel pump ECUs sometimes do fail in SCs. The pump runs at 2 speeds, and the ECU controls it. Open up the hood, and find the plug labeled "Diagnosis", and jump Fp and B+, then immediately try to start the car. If it runs, the pump does work, but you'll need to figure out why it's not being turned on. This could be the ECU, or, because you're not turning that switch with the key, it's possible the car isn't getting all the signals it wants to see, to allow the pump to run (perhaps the key detect switch).

I got it running, the fuel pump was the culprit. I guess it was sitting so long the contacts in the pump may have corroded together, cuz they were both reading negative.

So I put a Walbro 255 in and she's running so so, engine light is on.

Thanks guys
DJ