SC400 Dyno

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

xirforever

hey guys, i got my car dyno'ed the other day, and i finally got the sheets. The hp and tq curve from 2.5 to 3.5 looks weird, its not a smoth graph there at all. What do you guys thinks? I may have an exhaust leak not 100% sure if this contributes to this.

I was pretty happy with 220 max TQ and 217 max HP

Car is stock '97 sc400 minus CAI and test pipes. I have a video too but i dont know where to host it?

n1308120166_30022510_9109.jpg

n1308120166_30022563_7597.jpg

jibbby said:
Are those good numbers?....Xir you need to start modifying that fine car of yours...Looks very nice and clean though....
Yeah, those are real good. early 1uz's usually dyno 180rwhp and 95-97 around 200rwhp so 217rwhp from test pipes and a cold air intake are very good.

Jibby, yeah like doherty said, they are respectible for what i have done. But ive been modifying my car like crazy! lol what are you talking about? Just had JIC FLT-A2's put on, constantly doing little custom mods here and there, and ill be doing that manual swap soon. Thats the main reason i did this dyno, before and after.

Any other ideas why its so weird from 2.5-3.5?

Xir- You know I am a big fan of yours and I know all about the little mods here and there that you are talking about....I still am waiting for your manual swap results...no pressure though some times a mod of that magnitude can take time... What is this cold air intake of yours? Does it work better then the BFI intake? Also what is 2.5 and 3.5 you lost me on that....

im just givin you a hard time jibby (i would insert smily face but doesnt work)

I really cant comment on if my intake works better than the BFI with absolute certainty, but in my opinion it does. The surface area i have on my filter is massive (just like the BFI) and mine is a cold air induction, i like it. : )

from 2.5-3.5 i mean look at my power figures from 2,500 rpm to 3,500 rpm, its very ruff, especially my torque

Gotcha Xir, you can give me hard time anytime you want, no problem. I am use to it by now... You know me I am always getting missed up in something from time to time...I guess that is the Lex extreme in me coming out from time to time....:Eyecrazy: No worries though I have tonned it down abit of late for all the fine moderators who might be reading this....

Anyway, intakes are hard to make out when it comes to measuring power gains, why? Because there are hardly no gains to be made...I think unless you alter the size of the MAF you can only get so much from these intakes which is practically nothing...Any pics of your intake?