93 SC400 Dyno Result

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
225 hp from a stock 93 sc400 motor with custom inlet exhaust in a 1100kG 260Z goes alright

This dyno sheet is from one of our dedicated Moderators (400ZED). Good job 400ZED, keep up the good work! We need more people like you.
Here is the 225 rwhp Dyno Video

That is a nice RWHP # from a 93 with such little modification. :) Anything else done to it? Fuel, ECU, head work, anything? Any drive train mods such as a high stall TQ?

this is running wolf3d full custom exhaust 8(1 5/8")-2(2 1/2) -cats-hotdogs-1(3") 1 3" straight through muffler
and a 3" pod filter and some smooth intake piping.
other than that she is stock. i am happy with that running the stock auto.

Nearley 2 years to the day since i brought the donour car.
Finished is the wrong word, still progressing always progressing although sometimes backwards. a fun ride though.

It's not time for un natural air it is time for throttles cams and some porting and 300+ natural RWHP. but not just yet

DYNO drop off in power over 6000rpm ???

Hey nice power for a stock motor, but im just wondering why there is a drop off in power after 6000rpm ???

What is the restriction that is holding the power back ?
is it the heads?
intake manifold ?
or was it that the engine ecu restricts it to this rev range ??? (sorry for my ignorance)

just wondering why it goes backwards after that point in the rev range ?

EDIT: By the way i watched the video and these lexus v8s sound awesome

I THINK IT IS CAMS FAILING TO BREATH OVER 6000 IMO
but that is a guess. computer lets it rev to 7000 i will talk to my tunner and see what he thinks.
it pulls hard up to 600 though.
it does sound nice quiet until you push the loud pedal

400ZED said:
I THINK IT IS CAMS FAILING TO BREATH OVER 6000 IMO
but that is a guess. computer lets it rev to 7000 i will talk to my tunner and see what he thinks.
it pulls hard up to 600 though.
it does sound nice quiet until you push the loud pedal

THanks, let me know what he says..

also ask him what would be required to rev the 1UZ safely to 8000RPM

Cheers

Any more news mate ? Very interested in the driveability of the car. Whats the low down punch like ?

I have sent a few emails to the friendly guys on this site
http://www.1uzquadcam.co.nz/

they have a 1UZFE rally car with 8 throttle bodies and cams (slight head work) which is pumping out 345rwHP :)))))))))))

I know those guys nice.
as for my car it is hot pulls like a truck in tall gears and gets up an flyes in short ones.
I have driven faster things but for a fully streetable 12L/100 car that should be capable of mid 13 (will know soon when i get my hands on the Gtek) or take it to willowbank It has and will keep up with a R33 running ten pound from a rolling start.
dam near unbeatable allrounder. the throttle is adictive.

400ZED said:
I know those guys nice.
as for my car it is hot pulls like a truck in tall gears and gets up an flyes in short ones.
I have driven faster things but for a fully streetable 12L/100 car that should be capable of mid 13 (will know soon when i get my hands on the Gtek) or take it to willowbank It has and will keep up with a R33 running ten pound from a rolling start.
dam near unbeatable allrounder. the throttle is adictive.

Thanks thats exactly what i wanted to hear....

What next on your TO DO list ?
Gonna get some CAMs to rev it to 8000RPM ?
8 throttle boddies ?

Drive the nuts of it
then
A/C
shift kit,
LSD and 4.10
cams
throttles
strengthen the chassis
and somewhere in ther do body work and suspension

nice what kind of tranny are you running? if not stock lexus tranny what bellhousing are you running?

That was my thoughts. A manual tranny will eat less power than an automatic and therefore have more RWHP without adding flywheel HP.

I estimate the 90-94 engines at a more reasonable 230hp/240tq flywheel based on the typical 175rwhp dynos. That is with a generous 24% drivetrain loss. A lightweight manual drivetrain probably is closer to 15-17% loss. 230 less 17% = 191. That leaves 34rwhp for the mods, quite respectable. If it is an automatic all the more impressive.