sc400 drive train slack

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

WDoherty

i'm doin' some maintenance on the sc during spring break. Since i've had the car at 87,500 miles it has had a momentary slack in the drivetrain when decelerating then throttling again. Would this be the carrier bearing i suppose, it sounds like a little clunk.

ok, pulled out my lexus repait manuals, and from the diagrams i would assume the spider bearing might have some wear. It looks like a normal u-joint to me, but the manual says replace the entire propeller shaft assy., that mush cost a fortune and looks like it can only be gotten from lexus. Is this for real, i can't replace a silly u-joint?

rear right? i'm talking about the driveshaft that goes from the transmission to the diff. I found another guy on club lexus that noticed this clunk when when he let off the gas at 25-30 mph and his is a 96 sc with only 96000 miles and they quoted him $986! With many people having much higher milage than me i can't believe no one has mentioned this. It is a subtle thing, but i do notice it, it even did when i got the car at 87000 miles. Maybe its always been there for most people and they just tune it out or get used to it.

i've looked at those, i don't think it is them. I think it is either the center carrier bearing or the u-joint attached to the rear propeller shaft.