SC400 1UZ-FE twin turbo advice needed !!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

2gtsvette

In a few weeks ill be adding a twin turbo setup to my SC400, I am using 2 CT12a turbos. My main concern is the fuel system. I bought a 225lph walbro pump. My question is how does the Rising Fuel regulator works with my motor and how should i Install it? would i need Two of them? also what PSI can i run on my motor since its all stock? and what other upgrades do you recomemend? thanks!

Sorry that I didn't answer your pm, because I get lot daily. What type of fuel control do u have and how many psi will you be running?

its ok i understand...

right now the car is bone stock.... I starting my TT project in a few weeks as parts come in. I plan on running 8-10psi with the CT12a's ... I am not sure as far as fuel controlers/ piggy backs... would i need it ?

If you can stay under 6-7 psi then its much easier. After 8 psi then u need either an additional injector control or a piggyback. However, we had a recent Group Buy on a standalone and the price was very attractive.

OK..... so if i run 6-8 psi ill just need the AFPR...then...? also can the apexi Neo work with our ECU's

If you stay under 6 psi, you can forgot about the AFPR. All u need is a FMU. That will give you 100% stock start, idle and cruising. Only extra fuel would come in when in boost.

oh, another thing that I ment to add in my last post.

Why the CT12a's?
those are quite small for the aplication and will most likely choke the motor in the top end. (remember, those turbo's are designed to run on 1 to 1.5 liters of motor per turbo.)

A pair or CT26's would be more up to par for twins on a 1uz.

6 psi will be about 285-300 rwhp. Not bad comparing to stock of 175-185 rwhp. That is 100 rwhp jump with only 6 psi. As Mr. CJSupra stated, a pair CT26 would be a better choice. I only recommend a FMU is you are going to run stock injectors. If you upgrade to larger injectors, then you would need something to control them.

Dam.. what other turbo should i use thats not water cooled.?? and who wants to buy a pair of CT12a's with the stock maini ??:happysad::happysad::happysad:

I have to agree with Mr. lextreme on this one and that those are two big.

Why are you looking for something that is non watercooled?
Turbo life, oil life and reliability all increase with the use of water cooled turbos.

For your question about what turbo to use, for the output that you are looking for, your best option is a straight T3 and stated before and with a T3 series 60trim (not a T4 60trim). The nice part is that should be an easy turbo to find. That size turbo was used on Z31 84-89 300ZX's just not the 88 or 89 cause they are T25's not T3's. The Ford Thunderbird turbo super coupe's and SVO Mustang's. Also, IIRC the 90's Saab turbo cars used T3 60trim units also. I am sure that other cars had them also.

injection

Would you guys think that if he replace the stock injectors (250 cc) with the 7M-GE (295 cc) will be ok for ~9 psi without any piggyback ???

It would work, but the idle might not be stock perfect. Perhaps he can do that with lower fuel pressure and run a FMU. So an after market FMU would require. FYI, FMU can act as a FPR regulator too.