SC400 (150 shot nitrous) vs. Saleen mustang..

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jibbby

This race occured about three or four months ago when my car was running at it's full potential under a full 150 shot of nitrous... I also got full exhaust mod's including headers, Torque converter upgrade, Custom Intake and a Piggy back ECU on my 1992 SC400....

I lined up at the red and rev'd the motor next to this nice and fast looking Saleen, he did the same and I knew it was on...

This was an older mid 90's model Saleen Mustang Convertable as it read across the top of the front windshield...It looked like it had a custom roll bar and maybe exhaust as it sounded brutal. I was a little nervous about the race and wasn't so confident I would win....The Light turned green and it was on, we both hammered it as I proceeded to hit the nitrous "green button"...It was a very close race as we were both were spinning the rears threw the first two gears but I was always a good car length ahead by the time I hit 60mph or so and shut it down...:yup: Those Saleens are very fast never the less... I think a Newer V8 Jeep Grand Cherokee was trying to keep up with us also but had no chance as I looked in the rear view mirror... One of my best wins to date as I had to mention the kill while looking thru this race forum section as I recover from a nasty flu......

The guy in the Saleen kept going as he did not care to stop and talk about it at the next stop... Too bad, because I wanted to see if that Saleen Mustang was boosted or not which I don't think it was.....Still it was fast as sheeett and I barely won....:burnout:

nice!!! jibby you have to take that car to the track this year.dont worry the track won't bite.with what you have done the car should be a soild 12sec car if it hooks.

Traps, my car does hook up to the ground very well for an SC400. I've also been able to knock off around 250lbs from the stock weight.. So the traction is good with my Supra LSD, lowered car, and the fat rears... My car was pretty damn fast when I was blasting the 150 shot... I blew two stock trannies out and a few months ago reduced my shot to (100 shot)... It's temporary..

Ported heads and cams would have been nice with the 150 nitorus shot going... I haven't gone there yet and probably won't... Although, I am working on supercharging this car of mine with an M112 Supercharger and building up the stock tranny to handle it... Maybe in addition to the supercharger hookup my Nitrous system aswell... Should be interesting if I ever pull off the two as combo power plant.....I would love to get my car in 500whp-600whp range with a solid built tranny to accomadate... Check back in a year...

That would put me in the mid 11's for sure I would think.... That would also make my street legal SC400 one of the fastest around...

Attachments

• MRE (Large).jpg
    MRE (Large).jpg
    131 KB · Views: 5
Thanks Justen, but I already got a Cobra M112 in the works..The full setup from Cribbj...Just waiting for some final measurements to come in and it should be a go.....

Attachments

• IMG 01.jpg
    IMG 01.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG 03.jpg
    IMG 03.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG 05.jpg
    IMG 05.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG 06.jpg
    IMG 06.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG 07.jpg
    IMG 07.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG 08.jpg
    IMG 08.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG 09.jpg
    IMG 09.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG 10.jpg
    IMG 10.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 7
mid 11's i would think you would have the fastest sc400.the fastest one ive found was like 12.30's.have you herd of any one going faster

I've seen an SC300 in Aussie land that was was equiped with a boosted 2jz motor run in the 9's... That is the fastest SC I have ever seen on a track.....

SC400's with a 1uz-fe motor no, not to many break the 12's... Those stock automatic SC400's trannies seem to be biggest problem when trying to break 12.....

It all starts with getting a manual tranny swap in your SC400 if you really want to fly...Although, maybe a boost logic built auto tranny with a shift kit may squeek you into the 11's..

But yes traps, we have our work cut out for us with the Sc400's...

Also - The torque converter slows you up on the backend if you have aggressive stall rate like mine and if your stock TC is still in your SC4 you will be painfully sluggish and slow out of the gates in most cases.. Another issue to consider with the SC400's auto trannies...