sc 400 trans problem

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Asrcarbonsc

i got a 92sc400 and when the car is cold the tires grab hard on take off but when its warm they dont grab at all. could this be a trans problem in the making or should i get a trans cooler. Also when it warms up i can feel the gears. Going from 1-4 is good but i feel it when they shift back down(maybe trans mount?). Also at high speeds when i let off gas i hear a noise coming from the passenger front side grinding sound or something.. I changed both wheel bearings already. could this all have to do with trans ? other than that sc run strong and i drive it round 3-400mile per week highway very reliable

Usually you will hear the mount rattling right below the gear shifter. Mine was bad and it made a rattling noise. Mine still shifts very hard into 3rd gear when in ECT mode, but better (but not perfect) in normal mode. I think yours could either be a fluid incompatibility or some bad o rings or gaskets internal to the transmission if it shifts fine when your first start. the fluid and internal parts heat up and make things expand. You should get it diagnosed by a reputable transmission shop ASAP. I would start with a fluid change if it hasn't been done in a while. Others may have a more insightful answer on this board, but I don't think the mount would do what you are explaining. Sounds like a hydraulic or electrical problem to me.

Oh, BTW, if the O/D light flashes, the computer is telling you something is wrong with the tranny. Some errors will turn on a light, some will not. Get it scanned at an Auto Zone. Its free here for them to do that as long as its a 96 or later (obd2 compliant).