s13 turbos

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

fastmotoute

need opinions. thinking of running two turbos off s13 motor (t25's i think).
would thes be big enough for the 1uz or would it be a waste of time.
Reason: they are cheap from a wreckers. give me your thoughts please.

what is the displacement of the engine they came from? if it is at least 2L, then you should be alright, but if it is less, they might be a bottle neck.

It depends on the particular 240sx it came from. They used 2 different T25's, and a T28.
S13's came with T25's.

Will they work? Any turbo "will work", it's more a question of what do you want it to do??? What kind of powerband, and peak power figures do you want?
If they're in real good shape and you push them you may see 500bhp peak with them. I'd probably keep it down to 400bhp personally. There are much better cheap turbo's for making 500bhp.

I totally agree. A dual T25s will work just fine in this power range. I've pushed a single T25 on a 2.3 L Honda to 220 hp as a piece of cake. Just double the pieces and you'll be ok. These small size turbos are easy to be positioned. The T3 is even better. It spools just as quick as the T25 but can be pushed for more hp.

i would suggest looking for the ball baring T28s but any of the sr20 turbos would work perfect on the 1uz as long as you where not looking for more then about 500hp. eh maybe close to 600. would be a good budget setup.

another note the exhaust manfold bolt patternt to the sr20 and the 1zu are the same except two ports are turned 90deg, if you where to cut off and weld the two parts to the flange to match the 1uz the sr manifold would bolt on, the question then would be if it fits in the engine bay.

The ball bearing T28's came out on the S15. Much more expensive turbo. I have 2 T28's off the GTI-R SR20 motor, with the .86 Turbine A/R. They will support 700WHP with the 360 degree bearing upgrade (270 stock).

Fastmotoute - the question of which turbos suit your purpose depends on your application/power goals/budget.

Here are some specs on the s13 T25 turbos you asked about:

Compressor: T-25, 60 trim 56mm
Turbine: T-25, 62 trim 53.8mm 0.64 A/R

s13 horsepower: 205hp @ 6000rpm / torque: 203 ft/lbs @ 4000rpm Stock boost: 7psi

As mentioned, the s14/s15 ball bearing T28s are a nice turbo that would provide a bit more power and good response but they are expensive. The T28 from the GTI-R that e-solver mentions has greater power potential. To use a phrase coined by my old Lithuanian mate Robert, the GTI-R T28 is 'big for it's size'.

Factory Nissan Pulsar GTI-R T28
Compressor: T3 0.60 A/R 60 Trim
Turbine T-25 0.86 A/R 79 Trim
227hp @ 6400rpm

Getting back to the s13 T25 question though, if you use the stock output of the s13 2.0 litre @ 7psi as a guide you could say that you should be able to comfortablly make 400hp with two s13 T25s on the 1uzfe at a slightly higher boost level (taking into account that the SR20DET is likely to make more hp per litre than the 1UZFE at a given boost level). If you're looking to push past about 450-460hp look at different turbos.

In the end it depends on your application - I'm actually considering getting two cheap s13 T25s to slap on my 1UZFE just so that I can get it engineered with twin turbos before rules change.
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]