Running with drive-by-wire throttle

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Jesus-Ninja

So, I have my VVTi 1UZ. Currently trundling around in it until the summer when the strip down begins. :)

The VVTi has, I believe, a FBW throttle. How does the control work. Is it a direct linear relationship between pedal position and throttle position, or does the ECU look at your foot and decide what it thinks is best?

Will also be moving to a manual transmission, so again, any worries about FBW throttle here?

Any benefit to reverting to a mechanically controlled throttle? Will the ECU get upset with me?

Cheers!

Just apply ignition 12v to the throttle motor.

The engine will work fine with a manual 'box behind it.

Thanks, so are you saying that I just stick a mechanical throttle on, but keep the motor in the loom and put 12v to it to stop the ECU getting upset?

Or is it a case of using the DBW throttle-body, but putting 12v to it so that it mimics the pedal position?

Thanks, so are you saying that I just stick a mechanical throttle on, but keep the motor in the loom and put 12v to it to stop the ECU getting upset?

Or is it a case of using the DBW throttle-body, but putting 12v to it so that it mimics the pedal position?

Leave the DBW (ETCS) as is, but you need to apply 12v (via ignition/15a fuse) to the blue/yellow at the ECU. (pin 7 on the 26 pin plug)

When you switch the ignition on, the ETCS will make a buzzing sound and the throttle plate will now move when the accelerator pedal is pressed.