Running a fuel pump continuously

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I dunno just curious. I am running a swirl pot setup and i wanted to turn the tank to pot pump on first, to prime the pot, manually; and then wire the other with the ignition switch. Is that stupid/necessary? any tips. I've never run a swirl pot before
thanks for any input!!

Attachments

• IMG_0606.JPG
    IMG_0606.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 379
  • IMG_0605.JPG
    IMG_0605.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 373
In my original instal I used a swirl pot.

I had a carter lift pump to the pot and an inline Commodore pump to feed the engine.

The first time I started it up I primed the swirl pot by taking power off the in line pump. Once there was fuel in the swirl pot I reconnected the in line pump and started it up. Ok it didn't start, as I had the polarity reveresed on the on line pump but once swapped over it started up.

From then on I never had to turn enither pump on or off. The Carter was fed from the ignition switch and the in line was controlled by the ECU. This waay the Carter was always running.

so, just to clarify.. you have the carter fed by constant b+ through the ignition switch.. power is cut off when the ignition is shut off? ANd what is the significance of running the inline through the ecu?
thanks!!

Wire the pumps to the normal fuel pump relays, then add a momentry push button to power the lift pump to prime the swirl pot.

That way you can prime the system and also still have the safety of the pumps cutting out when the engine stops (ie in a crash).

Cheers

Daniel.