Rotating Noise

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

deathblow

I have been geting a rotating nosie from the front of my sc400. I cant seem to find the problem. the funny thing is if i turn the wheel a little to the left when im driving the noise goes away and if i turn right it gets louder. I have taken the wheels off looked every where i even changed the front wheels to see if it would help nothing seems to be working.Does anyone hve any ideas???

Wheel bearings sound the go.

To check jack up one side of the car and grab the top and bottom of the tyre (tire) and try to rotate across the line if the car. You are trying to make the top and bottom move in and out.

There should be no movement in the wheel relative to the car. If it rocks you have the bad wheel. Try spinning the wheel also. One of them mayl feel rougher in the way it spins than the other.

If one wheel is bad you may as well do the other as it will be cheaper to do both side at once than one side twice.

Its not a humming noise its more like a knock that gets more constant as you drive.I will try doing the wheel check like Zuffen said hopefully it works.

deathblow - realize it's been months, but any update on this? I've just noticed the EXACT same behavior. Putting just a tick of right wheel makes the steering wheel vibrate, but turn a little to the left and vibration isn't evident. Sound frequency is directly proportional to vehicle speed. I'm suspecting bearings - and finding this thread strengthens my suspicions...

For all, any experience on how difficult/how much such a job would be?

btw - car is a '91 LS400 with 183K miles - so it owes me nothing in this regard.

TIA!

hey whats up guys whats good?
Yeah i found out that it was the wheel bearing. i would not go to the dealer it cast alot of cash i think it was like $160 bucks but i found it a autozone for $40 and i payed $60 to get it installed at a shop and they changed a seal that was broken on it to so it was a good buy.