Roots Blown 6/71 on FAT Manifold

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Nath

Hi all,
As some of you may know, I am building a Roots Supercharged 6/71 1UZ.
It was going to be a hybred 5/71 blower at first but after some helpful advice I stepped up to the more servicable 6/71.

Here are some mock up pics for you all.

the manifold is a solid gold (joke) Forced Air technoligies that I got reasonably cheap as it is not fully machined.

There are some detail pics of it inside and out.

I need to figure out how to mount a blower pulley onto the crank. I am not running any other pulleys, just the blower belt.

It's pretty big hey! It's in stock condition and needs to be cleaned up. I'm sending it to to a shop soon to get set up properly.

Hey Nath, that almost makes you feel like cutting out the lower crossmember to make the sump 2" off the ground ie no hole in the bonnet, the ultimate sleeper hehe

Regards
Lambo

the GM blower looks great on anything , have a machine shop make a drive hub that fits your crank very tightly then machine the crank to fit a larger keyway or possably two ,a crank support should be considered .

i actually was browsing through a fairly old Street Machine the other day and noticed a very interesting picture.

a hot rodder sent in a pic of his engine bay with a 1UZ in it.... with a 6/71 sitting on top! it seemed to have the belt setup all done also.
it said he was running 4 injectors at the blower plus the 8 normal ones off an autronic system.
it is only the one rough picture and only gives a name and town.
i can scan it if you like.

You do not need to machine the key way into the crank, I once built a Big block with a 10/71 used a Valasco crank and had an extra key way put in, it to was to hard for traditional machining so we had the key way laser cut!! the job was perfect better than any milling job i had ever had done.

Ok.... the verdict is back on my blower. It was stripped done by Newby engineering and found to be rather badly scared on the inside casing, to worsen thing the rotors were also very worn down. I'd have to bore the case and teflon strip the rotors which with the amount of tolerance I loose will be rather fidly and time consuming. Pluse the cost of putting front and back plates and bearing etc. I was quoted roughly $500 bucks less than a brand new Moonyham with is fully polished and teflon lined....

I'm putting the Blower back on Ebay to recoup some loss and am thinking of which way to go now. Probably with the new blower.
Newby are able to machine the crank and I can take my engine in there and it will leave with the blower fully mounted with drive pully etc.

I got my drag slicks the other day which determins my track width to start planing the chassis so I might get my mind into that and save a few bucks before getting the moter going. I might as well have a car for it to go in!

I'm hoping to make 700hp at the wheels... The engine will be a racing engine only and will be running on a diet of C16 fuel which has an octane rating of 116 I believe...
Also depenmding on fuel delivery, It may run on methanol whioch is a pain in the ass to use.

The car will be super light and is not a Lexus at all. It will be a custom full chasis with a bit of fiberglass over the top.

See a mock up of it here... it's coming along but the page is a little out of date.

http://nullobjective.idx.com.au