RIP Hiromu Naruse

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

LMCJ

Not sure if you guys knew this, but Lexus test driver Hiromu Naruse passed away last week in a test driving accident. I'm doing some work with Lexus Magazine and they recently interviewed Naruse and published it in their online magazine. Here it is if you want to check it out.

Thanks for the additional links/information.

Just saw lexus added an editors note:

On June 23, the automotive world experienced a tragedy. Hiromu Naruse, Lexus’ much beloved—and globally respected—chief test driver, died while performing the job he lived for: developing superb automobiles. As Autoblog journalist Damon Lavrinc writes in his excellent tribute, Mr. Naruse was reverently nicknamed “Meister” by his peers and protégées—and a man who helped give the world “dream cars.”

We, too, had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Naruse, who this spring granted Lexus magazine the wonderful profile and interview below, which we posted back in May. Not only did Mr. Naruse reveal much about a test driver’s fascinating, sometimes hazardous world; he also showed us his nature—warm, witty, modest, absolutely passionate about cars, and at nearly seventy years old, still pushing powerful automobiles to their limits.

Mr. Naruse, thanks for letting us get to know you—you’re an inspiration.

Hey, just wanted to follow up on my original post from June. I work with Lexus Magazine, and the spirit of Hiromu Naruse has not been lost here at Lexus. His innovation and unique take will forever live through the LFA and other future Lexus innovations. Here is another awesome read and video titled Tribute to a Test Driver.