Rims and fenders......

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

xirforever

Ok, i have recently aquired a set of ADR Sterling 19x8.5 tripple chrome plated 38mm offset rims. They are absolutely flush with my fender and are rubbing sometimes when i hit big bumps going fast. Now i can avoid this by going slow over them, but i want to lower the car 1.5" and this would be a HUGE problem with my current "rubbing". So does anyone have any ideas besides flaring and adjusting my camber?

Thanks,
Nick

PS. tell me what you think about these rims

thanks for all your sugjestions guys.............Tell me if this might work. On each fender there is a black thingy tracing it on the underside. If i take that off and cut the metal so the horizontal part of the fender is out of the way of the wheel.... does anyone think this would work? Can anyone foresee any problems?

thanks,
Nick

If you remove the plastic inner guard and then "cut" the lip of the guard(sorry fender) and then still have trouble with rubbing it will damage the tyres more than if they rubbed against the smooth factory edge
You could remove the inner guard (plastic) and then get the fender "rolled" (professionally, inquire at a tyre/wheel shop etc.) or you can gently "persuade" the inner lip of the fender with a hammer so the it is flat with the inside of the fender(hope you can understand that explanation)

Logan

need lowering

nice looking set of wheels but you need to lower your car mann...it look so tall with that rubberband tire.... the best way is to remove black plastic and trim off the part that rubbing...changing camber will kill your expensive tire in no time..

The best way is to flare it
forums

Gowest, that flaring looks really nicely done in the back. This would be my first option as to how you said it best, adjusting my camber would ruin my nice tires. Could you provide more information as to how flaring would be accomplished, if i need to buy anything or just take it to a shop.....?

Thanks a lot,
Nick

flare

Hi Nick,

Just take your car to a a shop ( a good one ) the one that have experience in modify a sheet metal. I try to post more picture so that you can show it to the body- paint shop.
forums

Thanks a lot for the pic and the info, ill deffidentally show the body shop that picture. Do you know how much should be the maximum price so i dont get ripped off?

Thanks again,
Nick