Replacing or repairing Soarer air bag suspension

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Rapture

Hi. I am a new member and this is my first thread, so please reply.

I have an Imported 1991 Toyota Soarer GT. The airbag suspension will not rise in either of the four shocks. Someone suggested to me that the compressor may not be working, but, there is air pressure at the valves and appears to be some air getting into the shocks, though, I don't know if they're getting enough.

How would I go about finding out what is wrong with the air suspension? Also, if the suspension has had it, are there any issues with replacing the suspension in regard to the ABS etc?

as far as issues with the ABS there arnt any... just take out the air ride system and drop in coilovers, thats it. If you went that route I would highly recommend JIC coilovers which retail for $2000 but the best of the best. I have heard the replacement factory bags are $1000 each. If you want to find the problem 1st place I would start would be fuses and if nothing is tripped the controller would be the next logical step but thats as far as my thinking takes me. I never owned a vehicle w/ air sus.

Pity you didn't post yesterday. I have been wreaking two soarers and the airbag one went to the crusher today. I kept the airbags but the controlers and everything else to do with the airbags went with the car. They have a habit of blowing the main suspension fuse which will cause your problem. Check this first. My other car has a full set of standard suspension if you are interested. I will need to check the LHR as it was hit in that corner - cheers

Attachments

• anchor.jpg
    anchor.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 42