Remote oil filter setup

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

R31-V8

Hi to All,

Could some one please post me a link or image of the sc400 or other standard remote oil filter setup? Also has anyone modified the celsior ls400 oil filter mount to a remote setup.

If it looks to fit I am also after one of these setups.

Thanks John, Adelaide, Australia.

Just buy a generic oil filter adapter & oil filter setup, and 8-10' of 5/16" fuel/oil hose. Shouldn't cost $50usd to do instead of paying $150. Like the look of AN steel braided hose? S use that & you'll still come up under $80.
Even better! Go buy a used A/T cooler, or a new stacked plate one, a few hose clamps & 5' of 5/16 fuel/oil hose. Put it after the stock cooler.
THEN have another oil filter mount & put a big filter for the transmission fluid after that!

Ahhhh the projects you can do for $100 LoL!

Thanks for the advice. The problem I have is with oil filter mount extension getting in the way of my crossmember and not the filter itself. So I will need the SC400 setup otherwise I was thinking someone may have cut down and modified the mount to have AN outlets?

I have the same problem, but the anti-sway bar is in the way. I have looked at adapting AN fittings, but the existing tubing is so close together that -8 or -10 fittings may not fit. I would really be interested in seeing what the sc400 remote mount looks like, as I have an engine out of sc400, and it is def not a remote mount. Are these available directly from Lexus?

SC400 goes forwards and down slightly - No pic sorry
LS400 goes rear and down slightly - http://www.conceptual.net.au/~peewee/uza61/800/crossmember_fitted_007.jpg
UZS131 crown goes to the rear of the motor - http://www.conceptual.net.au/~peewee/eng_conv/ready_to_go_in_1.jpg
2UZ Land Cruiser goes forwards and up slightly - http://www.reanimotion.com/toymods/images/dscn0707.jpg

I converted my UZS131 Crown one to a remote setup.
Its now for sale as I managed to fit the 2UZ Cruiser one on without it hitting anything.
http://www.conceptual.net.au/~peewee/eng_conv_2/oil_filter_1.jpg
(been modded slightly since those pics, now clears the aircon compressor).

Thanks for the info. How much? and do you think it will be ok to use clamps for oil pressured lines? I am intending on taking the car out on CAMS events later on so will probably need to use braided lines.

Much appreciated John.

I have a crown motor which has a "remote like" filter setup on it with the oil filter mounted at the rear of the engine. I remade the adpator that fits on the engine using a piece of 6mm plate. I drilled 5/8" holes in the plate that basically lined up with the oil galleries in the engine and silver soldered a couple of -10AN fittings to the plate using some 5/8" tube inside to re-enforce.

Just make sure that you leave enough space between the two fittings to fit the females without interference.

Once you get the -10AN fittings on the engine then you can fit after market remote oil filters,etc.

I have been using this setup in circuit racing, with a remote oil filter (std crown with -10AN fittings silver soldered on) and a remote oil cooler for about 2 years with no problems. Just make sure you get the in/out correct.

Sorry no pics.

Haven't used clamps on the oil lines, but I do use push-on fittings without problems.

I use a modified Crown filter and push on lines without any problems.

You need to ensure you have the right barbed fittings and the correct hose to go with them.

Inlet or Outlet

Hi, if I could jump in here a little as it's kinda on topic.

I want to run my engine without the oil pump and with a dry sump. I am looking at mounting a engine block plate / crank support for my 6:71 blower.
As the picture discribes, is this an inlet or outlet for the oil?

(Remember there are no dumb questions :) )

I milled my plate to make sure it was flat and used the expensive grey oe type silicon with no leaks at all

Attachments

• phntom boost.jpg
    phntom boost.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 10