Random Cut off/No Start

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Musada

I have a 1990 LS 400 and so far i've replaced
-Igniters
-Spark Plugs
-Fuel Pump
-Fuel filter
-MAF

We thought the issue was resolved, after I drove it home, about a 30 mile drive. I had no problems. The next I was driving to work and the car just cut off....again....and wouldnt start once again. I had to get it towed back to my dad's place. As soon as we unloaded the car, I went to start it and it started right up!. My father and uncle seems to think that somethings getting hot that causing it to cut off. I called this mechanic and explained to him what was going on. He said the crankshaft sensor is out, and thats whats causing it to cut off, and not start til the car cools down. I thought that if the crankshaft sensor was bad, it would start at all. My problem is the car starts, and then shuts off randomly, and wont restart. Please help, I'm super loss now I've been going back and forth for a few weeks now. All suggestions would be greatly appreciated

I'm also getting a code 13, called Lexus and they said that had to do with a sensor on the transmission...does that sound right, and would that be causing this issue

Last edited: