Radiator Question

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

sietekk

For a MKIV Supra Radiator, Megan Racing 3-row vs. Mishimoto? Discuss.

This will be for a 1UZ in an 86 Cressida. Will see plenty of spirited driving, and eventually an M90 or M112. This will be my first drift rig too. Thanks for your advice!

EDIT: Also, please let me know where to buy the Megan radiator. This is the last part I need before I swap in the engine.

Last edited:
Megan came out with their radiator very late in the game for the MKIV Supra.

The established players for Supra radiators (in no particular order) are:

Fluidyne
PWR
Koyo
Mishimoto

You can't go wrong with any of these companies, but I would have reservations about anyone else.

The biggest impact on radiator capacity is the core area. Sizes of tubes, numbers of passes and rows are probably next, then fin densities. Obviously you need a good fan & shroud package also.

But since you're not going into a Supra, I'd try to stuff the biggest radiator possible in the space available. There are some excellent values out there for American V8 applications, although if you're in the UK the freight might be a showstopper.

The reason I'm looking at the Supra (and IS300) radiator is for the inlet and outlet port dimensions. These radiators come close in size to the Cressida radiator, but their ports better match the radiator hoses. Impeding coolant flow sounds like a crappy idea. Maybe I'm being paranoid, I dunno. :rolleyes:

I found hoses for both the Cressida and the mkiii supra that are direct fit. I syill have the numbers for the supra which should work fine. I lost the hose tags for the Cressida. :(

Balls, that sucks. I'm curious though, did the hoses that fit the Cressida taper to fit the difference in inlet/outlet sizes?

If you wouldn't mind, could you please post up the numbers for the Supra? I'm curious to see what hoses work for that! Thanks a lot!

Considering I've used a cressida radiator in my supra (barely fits) and the stock hoses worked the supra hoses should work also.
and yes the hoses taper down.