radiator plumbing fj60 landcruiser

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

shag

hey chaps,

my dilemma of the day is possibly something you may have encountered and may be able to help with...
i am mating what i assume is a crown iuz to a 60 series radiator, but the outlet and inlets on the radiator are on the opposite sides from the originals.
is there anyone out there who has changed thier thermostat cover/hose fitting to that of another car so it points the other way?
i think i can work around the bottom hose like it is but the top hose is a little more tricky.
the obvious thing to do would be change the radiator itself, but then if i bust one it will mean i can't just replace it with another standard one.

i have miles of room so even a thermostat cover that sticks almost straight out would do the trick.

cheers glen

My Range Rover radiator didn't line up too well either.

I used a top hose that had a 90degree bend in it and used some 32mm stailess exhaust pipe to join to another radiator hose with a 90degree bend in it. The pipe allows you to adjust the "lenght" of the hose to suit your application.

It is worth flaring the ends of the stainless to stop the hoses coming off. Thanks to Cobra for that tip.

have you checked out weather you are infact doing it the right way from what i can remember the pipe that comes straight out is infact the top hose to the radiator and the thurmostat is actuallu in the bottom hose. i worked this out looking at pictures of factory sourer engine bays

please corect me if im wrong anyone. this is the way i have done it on my hilux which from memory has the same radiator inlet and out let positions. so far it has worked fine for me so im asuming it's corect.

V8 Hilux

Well, V8 Hilux, now you have really confused the situation!
i was actually thinking the reverse of you, (based on the set up on a 3L hilux motor)
i guess the thermostat could well be on the bottom hose side as it is on ej20 subaru motors.
i havn't ever seen a 1UZ plumbed up, so if you are right things will work out just fine.

Can anyone confirm that the thermostat hose goes to the bottom of the radiator please?
thanks Zuffen, that will be my next avenue if all else fails, factory setup on a hilux is something along those lines too.

glen.

After looking at both Crowns and Soarers I can confirm the straight pipe is the top hose.

Which means thermastat in bottom hose.