Radiator design-Help

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Glen75

I plan to have a custom PWR radiator made for my 1UZ-Hilux (92 surf) conversion. Now i have read a couple of different things how 1UZ's pull into the thermostat from the top tank etc as compared to other motors doing it differently, i got a little lost from there.
Can someone please xplain if i'm better to go with a "crossflow design" Tanks on the side, or a Top/Bottom design. I would like recomendations with outlet posistions etc aswell. A explaination behind your design would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance Glen

My Initial thoughts were to have a crossflow design, with the lefthand outlet at the top, and the righthand (presumably inlet/thermostat) half way down the right hand side.

Attachments

• wheelie-3.jpg
    wheelie-3.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 0
  • corner3.jpg
    corner3.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 0
I dont think crossflow is any better than standard is just more to do with getting lower bonnet heights.hiluxs use standard style and will be able to fit more in that way.Early surfs had similar rads to our hiluxs but later model ones had a taller rad with condensor in the front.Water flow is exactually the same in any normal system its just the thermostat is in the bottom instead of the top.Nothing else is different it just controls temp of water goin in instead of temp coming out.

bansheebuzz said:
how come you are going custom? Mines cooling fine with the diesel radiator in my hilux. Even with the hella 4000's spotties sitting in front of it
Because i don't even have a std one to start with. A friend of mine can get me very good deals on PWR ones, so it will probably work out the same $$ to have a alloy one:veryhappy .

BTW, i'm staill waiting for you to offer to go for a ride in yours.